Hands free and Radio issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MetalSlinger5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I recently purchased a used 2013 ram 1500 lonestar edition. I am very pleased with the truck however there seems to be a couple technical issues.

The presets for the radio seem to reset after the truck is shut off and return what they were preset to before I reprogrammed them.

The "hands free" system when I try to use it, by pressing the button on the steering wheel, activates the system, but a message appears on the display on the dash, "hands free system loading, please wait" but nothing ever happens.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sounds like a software bug on the radio unit. Which unit do you have 5.0 or 8.4?
A software update might solve your problem.

OP
OP
M

MetalSlinger5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply,

How do I tell what version I have?

Is there a way I can do the update or is this a dealer only thing?

Thanks for your help

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can update it yourself if you go to the Uconnect website and enter your Vin#. You can download it into a USB stick and install it by plugging the USB stick into the slot inside the console. You can see what version firmware you have by going into your settings and scrolling to system information.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Not sure if your truck has this feature or not, but the previous owner's radio presets may be matched to your key fob, and you're reverting to those presets every time you unlock the truck with the fob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Not sure if your truck has this feature or not, but the previous owner's radio presets may be matched to your key fob, and you're reverting to those presets every time you unlock the truck with the fob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow, that's handy to know. Is that just on the keyless push to start trucks?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk