Harness HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derhicks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had posted in the DIY Radio upgrade thread but it was suggested that I start a threads in hopes of finding some help so:

I have a 14 Express with the Uconnect 5.0 and 7 speed AC fan. I do NOT have steering wheel controls. I have in hand a RA4, the dash controls / bezel (1UJ96DX9AF). I have on order a control module(68183973AB). I have epically failed at making my own harness to get everything to work. Does anyone know where one can be purchased or does any member have one they are willing to sell. Thanks!

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a harness for sale- check out the link, I used it for my heated seats and vented AC> its the entire inside of the cable, less the console harness and less the instrument panel- trailer brake, shifter, etc. I see the radio plugs on it right now and there is a lot of wires, I would never try and make this - but maybe extract it like I did my harnesses I needed.

RAM Dodge 2014 Body Wiring Harness 68208068AC Engine to Rear Bumper Longhorn 4x4 | eBay

If you are close I will ship for free for forum members. I just cant pay more then25.00-30.00 as I paid full price for this to get what I needed out of it and there is still 95% of the harness in there. You can even add front and rear position sensors, upgraded steering wheel, etc

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Do you have the steering wheel controls ordered? I think that's the only way to control the volume after you switch to the ra

I'm waiting on a couple things I hope to have mine installed next week

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cuyler Tech and getupkid are both making jumper harnesses to upgrade to the factory 8.4 bezel.You can P.M. either of them to order one. You will have full control of your radio with factory bezel without steering wheel controls unless you decide to add them.

Last edited:

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just sent CuylerTech the same link to my harness for sale. The 8.4nav interfaces wit the entire IHS Bus system. everything you can control from it, heated seats, vented seats, heated steering wheel, even the memory seats roll into the back of the nav unit.

For the courageous you can buy a lockpick 558 V2 and that comes with a male and female end of the 8.4 harness, then you just get the diagram for all the wire colors and you can run them all home runs. That is what I would do if that is all I needed, but if you need anymore than just the radio, say power seats? radio and steering wheel or anything else, I would get that harness I have for sale as it has all every factory option on it still excectp rear heated seats and the drivers side heater plug and rear console seat plug. I pieced out those exact wires from the harness over 2 weeks time frame to leave everything else intact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
austmurr