Headlighs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soonergrand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the passenger headlight stop working, no high beams and no low beams. I don't know what caused this. Then it comes back on, anyone have any ideas?

BassDaggett

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Stock or aftermarket headlights?

Are these stock (halogen) or aftermarket (LED, HID, replacement) lights? May also want to let the forum know if you have Quad or Projector lights. I more than likely won't have a solution, but there a lot of helpful folks on here.

OP
OP
S

Soonergrand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced the low beams with HID, one side still worked. They are stock assemblies and no change in wiring harness.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard it's a problem with some Rams around that year. A friend of mine has a 2010 and has had that intermittent problem for awhile now. After doing some research online, he found out it's the connector at the main plug wire behind the light. He tried slightly bending the tabs inside the connector to make a better connection. That worked for maybe 6 months or so and the problem returned. He finally did what others suggested... He cut out the connector plug and used electrical connectors to re-connect each of the 3 wires. No problems since doing that. Hope this helps!

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I'd suspect corrosion in the ram to headlight plug.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup, sounds like the connector plugs. My 09 had the same issue - the passenger side headlight kept going out. I pulled both headlights out, cleaned the connectors, gave the male side a slight twist, then liberally doused with dielectric grease and put it all back together. No problems since.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
could be the connector, or could be the truck not recognizing there are lights attached. Some need a resistor to trick the truck into the resistance needed to fire them up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock