Headlights " AUTO " Function

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This morning as I was pulling into work i noticed my reflection in the big glass doors that my drivers side Low beam was not on ? Dial in Auto .

f9d0807025cd6889beb9f173e8a78598.jpg

I parked in front of the glass so I could see my reflection .
I flashed my High beams and immediately the drivers Low beam turned on as normal ? For now it seems to work every time ?

Has anyone else experienced this ?

My truck : 2014 Ram 4x4 QC Express .
Factory Quad headlights .

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
was the green symbol on on the dash?

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

schul788

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Obviously it wasn't too dark out if you didn't notice driving that they weren't on. Auto only comes on when it's dark enough to trip the light sensor and off again when it's light enough. The on and off point for Auto is different. My guess is it was too light out to turn the lights on but when you flash the brights it also turned the low beam on because brights include low and high beam and then it wasn't light enough to turn them back off again. Make sense?

fredansandy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Obviously it wasn't too dark out if you didn't notice driving that they weren't on. Auto only comes on when it's dark enough to trip the light sensor and off again when it's light enough. The on and off point for Auto is different. My guess is it was too light out to turn the lights on but when you flash the brights it also turned the low beam on because brights include low and high beam and then it wasn't light enough to turn them back off again. Make sense?

Though the OP didn't specifically say it, I interpreted his post to imply that the passenger side low beam was on and the driver side low beam was off.

I could be wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Though the OP didn't specifically say it, I interpreted his post to imply that the passenger side low beam was on and the driver side low beam was off.

I could be wrong. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
You are correct Sir , I said I noticed in the reflection my drivers side was NOT on ; therefore, implying the passenger side was on .....
How could that be misunderstood?

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Obviously ? Really ?

Obviously you didn't read my post ?

coldfusion73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a headlight sensor go on my 2012...headlights did similar stuff. Replaced under warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the reply Sir !

schul788

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Obviously ? Really ?

Obviously you didn't read my post ?

I didn't mean obviously in a snarky way in the least bit. I apologize that it came off that way. And you're right, missed the part that it was just one side.

schul788

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are correct Sir , I said I noticed in the reflection my drivers side was NOT on ; therefore, implying the passenger side was on .....
How could that be misunderstood?

Geez, sorry. My post was an honest attempt to help. YOU misread it and injected a tone that wasn't there when I wrote it. I'll try to be perfect next time.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't mean obviously in a snarky way in the least bit. I apologize that it came off that way. And you're right, missed the part that it was just one side.
Sorry I read my post I'm the one that should be apologizing! Sorry Sir !

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Geez, sorry. My post was an honest attempt to help. YOU misread it and injected a tone that wasn't there when I wrote it. I'll try to be perfect next time.
Damn I must've been having a bad moment , I owe you the apology Sir ! I apologize .... my bad

BlueRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like the low beam bulb on the driver side is getting a little flakey. If it happens again on auto or manual maybe it is just something as simple as needing a new bulb. Hopefully!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963