Headliner speakers in 2015 ram with the alpine system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txgrizzly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys,
i am looking for the specs on the little speakers in the headliner right behind the front seats so i can look at replacing them with a better speaker. i have already replaced the 3 in the dash, the front door speakers and the stock sub. replacing the dash speakers made a huge difference i the higher freq's and the front door speaker replacement got rid of lot of the boominess i didn't like. im thinking with replacing these last two speakers i will be where i want to be.

Can somone direct me to a thread where these speakers are talked about? all the searches i did led me to builds that didnt have the headliner speakers in them.

Thanks
Bill:favorites13:

GoatLocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
What did you put in the dash and doors?

It seems everyone just ignores these speakers. They are the tweeters that pair with the front door midwoofers. The problem with replacing the front door speakers and/or the headliner tweeters is there is no easy way to blend the two. You might get by with getting a tweeter that matches the door speakers you installed. As for mounting, they are 2.5". You will probably have to fab something, or maybe something like the Infinity "starfish mount" would work...

A better option might be to not use the headliner location at all, and install replacement tweeters in the sail panel.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guys,
i am looking for the specs on the little speakers in the headliner right behind the front seats so i can look at replacing them with a better speaker. i have already replaced the 3 in the dash, the front door speakers and the stock sub. replacing the dash speakers made a huge difference i the higher freq's and the front door speaker replacement got rid of lot of the boominess i didn't like. im thinking with replacing these last two speakers i will be where i want to be.

Can somone direct me to a thread where these speakers are talked about? all the searches i did led me to builds that didnt have the headliner speakers in them.

Thanks
Bill:favorites13:

What sort of spekers ( brand and model ) did you put in the front doors? As the poster about said, those front door speakers are mid/bass speakers and have virtually no highs coming through them. Are you also keeping within the specs of the system and using 2 ohm aftermarket speakers?

I replaced the front 3.5" with 2ohm jbl gx302's, i have jbl 2 ohm gx962's 2 way 6x9's for the rear doors and i replaced the oem sub with a pioneer 2ohm dual voice coil shallow mount sub and the system sounds worlds better. Most dont realize they need to acquire 2 ohm speakers when trying to up the sound quality of the alpine system. Most, also buy 2 way or 3 way 6x9's for the front doors and waste their money, since the front door speakers are for mid bass and produce no highs.

drb1614

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
alpine system

I am replacing the sys And keeping the stock radio. i placed silk 1 inch in ceiling. Taking the full freq with its set volume and sending it to a volume controled line driver then to my amps. Thank God for schematics, since, the actual volume control of the stock sys is built into the DSP AMP and not the radio. i will lose the vol control at radio and sterring column, but, all other controls will be present. David

GoatLocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
i will lose the vol control at radio and sterring column, but, all other controls will be present. David

Since the HU is the same in both alpine and non-alpine systems, I suspect there is some way to make it work. As I understand it, the BCM tells the HU and AMP how to behave. If you could convince the BCM that you DON'T have the alpine system, it should tell the HU to output variable speaker level audio. So, if the dealer could make changes (delete the alpine premium audio sales code?) maybe it would work?

OP
OP
T

Txgrizzly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for all the info guys,
i have been sticking with the 2ohm speakers for all my replacements. the doors are Infinity Reference 9632cf, fronts are Infinity Reference 3002CFX and the sub replacement was the Pioneer TS-SW2002D2. so far i am liking everything i have done. replacing the front door speakers got rid of a lot of Boominess?that i didn't like

jeffdawgfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is what I did. I removed the stock overhead speakers. I put a set of Infinity Reference 1inch tweeters in their place and man did it make a difference. I hear high hats now that I never heard before. The one inch tweeters are too small to mount in OEM bracket. What I did was go to Home Depot and buy two of the blue plastic electrical box covers. I placed the OEM speaker on the plate and traced out outline. Cut the blue plate on a scroll saw. Then I mounted the one inch tweeter to that new plate and installed in the OEM bracket. I wrapped the crossovers in sound deadening foam so they would not rattle and then tucked them above the head liner. Very easy modification that makes a world of difference.

I also replaced the dash speakers and read door speakers. I am still trying to decide what to do with the front door since they get only mid bass input.

OP
OP
T

Txgrizzly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is what I did. I removed the stock overhead speakers. I put a set of Infinity Reference 1inch tweeters in their place and man did it make a difference. I hear high hats now that I never heard before. The one inch tweeters are too small to mount in OEM bracket. What I did was go to Home Depot and buy two of the blue plastic electrical box covers. I placed the OEM speaker on the plate and traced out outline. Cut the blue plate on a scroll saw. Then I mounted the one inch tweeter to that new plate and installed in the OEM bracket. I wrapped the crossovers in sound deadening foam so they would not rattle and then tucked them above the head liner. Very easy modification that makes a world of difference.

I also replaced the dash speakers and read door speakers. I am still trying to decide what to do with the front door since they get only mid bass input.
Cool,
What Model # on the 1 inch tweeters did you use?

ironhead3fan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking to do the same. Are the headliner speaker covers easy to remove? Do the speakers have the same plugs on them as the rest of the speakers?

jeffdawgfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They pop out from the corners. I had to cut connector to fit the crossovers I used. But I believe they were same as doors.