Headunit Setup options help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

almst791

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys,

I am new to the ram community and currently have a 2014 Express crew with the 5.4 touchscreen. I am looking at head unit options that keep my current Bluetooth and rear view camera and all factory accessories. I Do not want to lose anything with a new head unit. I really love the functionality of the 9" Alpine X009-RAM with the plug and play and climate controls but its just too damn expensive at $2,899. I know of the OEM 8.4 inch touchscreen and that is a current option

Does anyone have any nice clean cut setups that doesn't involve wire slicing and loss of current functions.

Budget $1800
Looking for 8inch plus NAV touchscreen (minimum amount of hard buttons)
Iphone functionality

Pictures and guides welcomed!

dtlasic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was looking for something a bit more simple. But this is great man thank you! It may have to come down to me spending the time and make this a project.

The 8.4 UConnect radios do not require the steering wheel audio controls. Those controls are standard with RAMS that have the leather steering wheel. When going with the OEM 8.4 in the Express consider only if you do or not have automatic temperature controls. If manual controlled HVAC, just buy a new bezel with the volume control knob. Oemautopartsco.com. You can buy the entire upgrade package from them. It has a T Harness that plug and plays used for the volume knob, a 911 dead plug so that you won't get an error message on the new 8.4 radio, the bezel, and radio of choice.

Now you can add the volume audio controls on the steering wheel. I have both, the audio buttons on the wheel (since I added A leather steering I wanted to maintain a factory type installation), AND the added volume control knob so a passenger has access to the volume if I am out of the truck.

I put in the RA4 radio with the navigation and especially enjoy the FM HD radio function. Also have the back up camera and the big screen is great for safety.

If you go with the upgrade package it'll cost you from $900 - $1250 total depending on if you use the RA3 or RA4 radio and if you add the volume knob.

The steering wheel audio control is separate.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963