Help! Clean Park Assist Sensors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshuaadamsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I've had this problem for the last 30,000 miles I had totally forgotten about. I haven't had park assist sensors for well over a year and it keeps saying clean them. It's not throwing a code. It's just on my info to clean them. I had a dealer working on it and they refused to replace it. I was at the very end on my 36,000 mile mark and they knew it. Have you guys heard of this issue and trust me I've had my truck clean alot since that time. I hope this is the right section.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Have you cleaned them?
Are they plugged in?
Do they look damaged?
What has changed recently that they don't work?

Sent from my tapatalk equipped AT&T iPhone 5

OP
OP
joshuaadamsmith

joshuaadamsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well nothing was changed, yes plugged in. And even the dealer said there should be no reason for not working. That's when they have up knowing I was at 35,000 miles.

OP
OP
joshuaadamsmith

joshuaadamsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmm I asked to be on paper trail. It was a small dealer in the UP of Michigan. My home base now is in Lafayette, Indiana. I'm at 78,000 miles.

OP
OP
joshuaadamsmith

joshuaadamsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just crawled under and some how the dealer plugged the far passenger side into the inner passenger side and left the inner passenger side unplugged. I can't seem to get the tabs to click but they are in the correct spots. When I do I will see if it works.

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Old thread, same issue (maybe). Mine stopped working at about 400kms on the clock. I have 850 now, just haven't taken it in since I didn't want to look stupid if I was cleaning the wrong sensor. No codes, just an alert that it's unavailable and I need to clean the sensors. Drives me nuts, truck is brand new.

HakanB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got this too... Has anyone found a solution?

MACH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had this issue and it was ice.

Mine as well....

Every time I came out of the car wash at -20 it through up the "clean parking sensors error"

I was like WTF they're clean I just went through the wash.

Ice would get in the little portion around the sensor and fail them. As soon as it thawed out it was fine. I just turn them off for a day if its cold and I go through the wash.

SK60

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same issue and have been fighting with the dealer for weeks now. They finally agreed to replace the front sensors, even though all sensors failed after I washed my truck (by hand or car wash). The service manager told me that the sensors were designed NOT to work when wet!! I've had the same issue, where after washing, i need to let them sit for a few hours before they come back.

But really?? Are we to believe that the sensors will turn off due to water? So every time it rains, or there are wet roads, the sensors will shut off. Funny thing is, i have only experienced this after i was the car, not driving in rain.

Love my truck, but it's crap like this and the lack of technical knowledge with the Dodge technicians that gets me..

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn