Help: Location of ACC outside TIPM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

9th

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Please help me to locate any safe ACC connection outside TIPM.
Truck is 2012 1500 CC 5.7 Hemi.

*ACC/ACCESSORY/Ignition activated power line /Switched power line.
*TIPM/Totally Integrated Power Module/On top is a Fuse Box located inside Engine bay.

Someone posted it before, I tried search lots of keyword but found nothing.
Hope someone from expert pinpoint which wire below the TIPM, either the line goes to center console 12volts output or HU. I only need a very small current to trigger my device on and off.

Thanks to all.

To: Mod/Admin, the original thread posted inside the supposedly intended category, unfortunately no reply due to possible reason expert did not see my thread.
Please don't move this thread yet until someone pinpoint me the right direction, big thanks.

Last edited:

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I wired another 12v in to run my radar detector so it could be under the dash and not visible I don’t recall which one I used however. The one under the arm rest is constant and the one by the cup holders is keyed.

Reactions: 9th
OP
OP
9th

9th

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, below TIPM is all I need to shorten the connection but behind the center console 12 volts outlet would be my last option.

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You could go off a fuse in the fuse box if that's what you want. Start probing fuses with a test light to see which ones are live when the ignition is in the ACC position,then use a fuse tap to hook up to the fuse you want to use.

OP
OP
9th

9th

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could go off a fuse in the fuse box if that's what you want. Start probing fuses with a test light to see which ones are live when the ignition is in the ACC position,then use a fuse tap to hook up to the fuse you want to use.
Thanks,
I don't want to tap on top of TIPM,
I want it a clean look and not making holes for wire or breaking the weather sealant. :)

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is for a 2013, the 2012 may be similar. http://www.rambodybuilder.com/iph/iph2013/ph2013/phdocs/phram/phramhduhbc.pdf If the link doesn't work for you, do a web search for "2013 Ram DS Under Hood Switched Battery Circuits & PDC Removal"

The pdf is a little larger than the forum's 100kb limit or I would just attach it.

You could also spend $35 for a couple day pass to the FCA tech library where you will find wiring diagrams and harness routing (techauthority.com).

Last edited:
OP
OP
9th

9th

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is for a 2013, the 2012 may be similar. http://www.rambodybuilder.com/iph/iph2013/ph2013/phdocs/phram/phramhduhbc.pdf If the link doesn't work for you, do a web search for "2013 Ram DS Under Hood Switched Battery Circuits & PDC Removal"

The pdf is a little larger than the forum's 100kb limit or I would just attach it.

You could also spend $35 for a couple day pass to the FCA tech library where you will find wiring diagrams and harness routing (techauthority.com).
Thanks.