Help out a new guy who NEEDS audio!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamTrash

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010-2016
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Pretty much looking to retain as stock-ish appearance and really even performance. My basic issue is the speakers have been dropping off one at a time in a couple of our trucks. Our 2012 3500 and our 2015 5500. Out of four between two trucks, I got one working speaker. I mean I'm only guessing it's a speaker issue because I primarily drive the 2012 and was annoyed when the passenger speaker went silent but we're far too busy at the moment to deal with just one going out. Now however both have gone and in order to save lives, I need audio in my truck! I'm thinking it's speaker related because like any good caveman, when the drivers side went out, I gave it a gentle rap or two (no, really!) and it came back on for a while. That worked for a few weeks until it didn't so on a Sunday morning while I was dealing with the headlight issue, I popped off the door card and started hunting wires, no multimeter available so I dont know if anything is broken internally but all the insulation seems to be intact, they were twisted pretty tight though.

Okay, tl dr: No sound from door speakers on a couple of my trucks, wanna stay stock looking at least. Is this a common issue with a quick and free kind of fix or do I get out the wallet. Forums keep you from throwing money at issues, I like that.

:favorites13:

OP
OP
R

RamTrash

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010-2016
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Oh yeah, I NEED audio because I spend 10-12 hours a day prowling the streets and freeways of the greater Los Angeles area picking up after the stars. Please help me avoid listening to the voices in my head, they're not nice, not nice at all.

:893Chainsaw-Smilie-

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Have you pulled the door panel off make sure you don't have a loose connection? I only mention this because you said you kicked it and it came back on for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RamTrash

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010-2016
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yeah, did that today, there's no loose connection anywhere I can see. Even the wires to the voice coil are soundly attached and everything on that end looks fine. This is the only truck with an aftermarket HU but the other two, a 2015 5500 and now I hear the bosses 2013 3500 lost a speaker in the back but his is four door, let him figure out his own mess. ;)

Like I said, I just bought a new jumper to fix the fraction of a millimeter issue with the headlights so it isn't going to shock me if there is some other such ridiculous issue that can be fixed with a fatter pin or longer wire.

If not, she's off to the local stereo guys for a full upgrade. Christmas is coming after all. :rolleyes: