Help rdz code not available 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

norville

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I could use some help on what to do now. I have a Canada I'll built 2011 outdoorsman, SLT it has the evic. I installed a leather steering wheel and radio controls but when I took it to the dealer his scan tool software does not show that code. What now? I asked about calling Dodge but he looked at me funny. Can I send out the computer room get unlocked??

I really miss steering wheel contols.

Thanks
Bob

LoneStar_Crewcab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been told that if you need to add a sales code, but it isn't in the available sales codes list, that your dealer needs to contact the Chrysler Warranty Information Center (WIC) and have that sales code added to the build sheet for your VIN. After they do that, the dealer would be able to flash the code to your computer (TIPM). If your dealer doesn't know how to do it, is there another dealer in your area you could try?

OP
OP
N

norville

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks lonestar, I'll try using that tactic, so far this first place went and the other place I called did not seem to know how or who to contact ..

OP
OP
N

norville

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know the part number needed for RDZ code? The question came up that they need to part number of the part installed to ask Chrysler for the code upgrade??? Dealer said it should have come in the box if I ordered it from chrysler. I guess they only deal in new parts..

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
Does anyone know the part number needed for RDZ code? The question came up that they need to part number of the part installed to ask Chrysler for the code upgrade??? Dealer said it should have come in the box if I ordered it from chrysler. I guess they only deal in new parts..

Whats the last eight digits of your VIN?

Sowardcustoms

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E-Torque
.....bs551120

Just wanted to check and see they werent missing something but no the code is not there on the dealer level. Sorry I couldnt help I see you added nav and remote start though. The Star center can add codes but they are extremely hesitant to do so.

OP
OP
N

norville

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, I struck out with the other dealer, I kept telling him what was happening and he kept telling me no problem we just add it in on the computer. Still not listening to me. I also email cliff but he said he no longer has access to add the codes..

I heare the place in Florida that would add it to your tipm but they are no longer in business?

OP
OP
N

norville

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone have the number to call Chrysler to beg them to turn this code on?