HID Issues in 2015.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hdrydr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dually Longhorn Limited
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Someone please tell me that there is a fix to installing HID's in the 2015 Ram. I bought my truck in February and installed HID's as well. Now they turn off all the time. I have the projector style and when I talk to BEAMER they tell me I shouldn't have any issues with the projector style. Now I installed them on lows and fogs. If I run both lights or even just the headlights, they shut off. This is a pain in the butt. I've installed HID's in every single vehicle I've owned with no issues. This is my first Ram, and not looking happy. Can someone please help.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Congrats on your 2015 and second where did you get your HID's kit, our's truck just don't take any kind of HID's kit? These truck is a lot different than the other truck because you dealing with the dodge canbus.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Jeremy at retroshop is working on a solution for the 15's. I'm not sure what it is, whether it's a inline resistor or a completely new hid setup.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jeremy at retroshop is working on a solution for the 15's. I'm not sure what it is, whether it's a inline resistor or a completely new hid setup.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

What he said... unfortunately we have to be patient, I'm itching for a set myself but don't want the headaches of things not working/cutting off!

OP
OP
H

Hdrydr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dually Longhorn Limited
Engine
6.7 Diesel
Hey BigDaddy I picked up my BEAMER HID's from E.H Global. They are the builders and owners of this brand of HID. I've always had good luck with them and I've watched others have bad luck with other HID Manufactures.
I'm just looking to get this fixed for I've ran HID's since 2003.

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Apparently something changed in the electronics between the 14's and the 15's. The HID kit I put in my 14 runs almost flawless (passenger side doesn't fire sometimes cycle off and on and its usually good to go). Guys with the 15 seem to be having nothing but trouble. The HID geniuses are working on it.

Lots of threads on the go.

rob2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Apparently something changed in the electronics between the 14's and the 15's. The HID kit I put in my 14 runs almost flawless (passenger side doesn't fire sometimes cycle off and on and its usually good to go). Guys with the 15 seem to be having nothing but trouble. The HID geniuses are working on it.

Lots of threads on the go.

I was just going to ask this but you answered. :naughty:

So in the 14's we are good to go? When you said "passenger side doesn't fire sometimes cycle off and on" you mean you just turn the truck off and on and they are good? Thanks man, itching to get a set from Jeremy but I don't want to deal with all this hassle. Heard LED's are running without issue, but I have yet to see a truck with head and fogs LED's to compare!

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From what I've read the 14's are good to go as far as Hid's are concerned. Also led light kits do not offer the same output as hid kits!

Warl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

So in the 14's we are good to go? When you said "passenger side doesn't fire sometimes cycle off and on" you mean you just turn the truck off and on and they are good? Thanks man, itching to get a set from Jeremy but I don't want to deal with all this hassle. Heard LED's are running without issue, but I have yet to see a truck with head and fogs LED's to compare!

LED fogs from JJs website got it to match 5k hids.

F4Bf0G7.jpg

ojTxLj7.jpg

oqMHs3x.jpg

Pretty bright imo. If anything they'll match :D. Plus phone camera doesn't do so well showing what it lights up. Better in person.

rob2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LED fogs from JJs website got it to match 5k hids.

Pretty bright imo. If anything they'll match :D. Plus phone camera doesn't do so well showing what it lights up. Better in person.

That looks pretty bright to me! At least to match a pair of HIDs like you said.. I think I'll go that route, HIDs lows and LEDs to match them in the fogs. Thank you good sir.

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yeah man. My 14's just fine. The passenger side doesn't turn on all the time with the approach lighting when I unlock the doors with the key fob or when I first start the truck. Usually fires up as soon as I cycle the lights from auto to off and then back to auto.

Not sure why and it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it.

M

cjmdwyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same here on my 2014. I have a kit from retrofit source. drivers side does it once in a while for me. just turn off and back on and its good. wish it was 100% but its not too bad......

HemiFireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running LED's in HL and FL from fx-aa.com on my 15' and are working perfect, no issues and have had them for about 3 weeks now. Contact them and they'll know exactly what to give you! They've created some type of decoder that "tricks" the system, lol

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running LED's in HL and FL from fx-aa.com on my 15' and are working perfect, no issues and have had them for about 3 weeks now. Contact them and they'll know exactly what to give you! They've created some type of decoder that "tricks" the system, lol

What is the manufacture date on your truck? When did you buy it?

armstrong87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im also having problems with my 15 sport, looking at a new kit to purchase