HIDs education needed...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need a little schooling on HIDs. I am done trying to see with the factory crap. Retro Solutions will my be my source. 55w kit unless someone tells me otherwise. Is it a straight up plug and play kit or will there be splicing and do I need relays? I really know nothing about this subject. A list of everything that i will need for heads and fogs would be great. Was thinking Digital brand. Thank you in advance.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
should be plug and play, 55w's will be BRIGHT :D

and A+ on Retro Solutions...guys are awesome!

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Something to keep in mind about HIDs.. they throw an amazing amount of light... uncontrolled, you are a danger to yourself, and others on the roadway. I'm holding off putting HID's in my truck until I can afford a retro kit from RetroShop (see add on right side of this page)... the guy knows his stuff and can do it right..

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Good advice!

I wish I could do retros for everyone, but sometimes, its just not in the cards (or wallets) for everyone.

As for the hids - I'm going to get them up on my site tonight, same stuff as Retro-Solutions (as they are my supplier, and it drop ships from them) - but.........at a JJ price. ;)

As for wiring, you'll get everything you need! No splicing! I have heard it called a screw down and plug in setup. Couple grounds, mount the relay and ballasts, done!

05singlecabHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I agree if you are going to get 55w HIDs get a set of projector headlights. those in the stock houseing will blind everyone driving.

OP
OP
K

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is exactly the info I'm looking for. JJ I'll be in touch. If you were to set me up with a package what would it consist of? Keeping in mind I do have a bit of respect for other drivers on the road :) if it was in the budget I'd be looking to paint em, projectors and HIDs but I don't know if my wallet is that thick right now.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
This is exactly the info I'm looking for. JJ I'll be in touch. If you were to set me up with a package what would it consist of? Keeping in mind I do have a bit of respect for other drivers on the road :) if it was in the budget I'd be looking to paint em, projectors and HIDs but I don't know if my wallet is that thick right now.

We can go with whatever you'd like!

From a drop in kit, capped fogs, projectors all around - just depends on budget.

Projectors are the best route for HIDs, but can be a bit costly, depending on options chosen.

Lets say we are looking at a budget friendly setup. Nightvision (lifetime warranty) setup - under $100. Some fogs, capped (to help reduce glare) - about the same.

And it can go well over a grand for a FULLY spec'd out set of lights. Stuff starts adding up fast! :naughty:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
the 55w hid's in projectors are amazing

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics