High frequency sound upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the uconnect 5.0. The sound is good, enough bass for my taste, but it's seems to have not enough of high frequency sound. The sound is not clear like I would.

Is it possible to add a center speaker if I don't already have it. Or the way to go is change the front and/or front door speaker. If I need to change what is the best to get ?

thank you

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the uconnect 5.0. The sound is good, enough bass for my taste, but it's seems to have not enough of high frequency sound. The sound is not clear like I would.

Is it possible to add a center speaker if I don't already have it. Or the way to go is change the front and/or front door speaker. If I need to change what is the best to get ?

thank you

Four channel amp and get new front 6X9's, dash speakers, and juice them puppies.

tokenindian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

thank you

Replace your dash speakers with some higher sensitivity 3.5 in speakers (kicker or infinity). That's an instant difference that costs $40-70 and 10-15 minutes of your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Replace your dash speakers with some higher sensitivity 3.5 in speakers (kicker or infinity). That's an instant difference that costs $40-70 and 10-15 minutes of your time

Yea, correct me if I'm wrong but some of the infinity's besides having great sensitivity also are 2ohm. That would draw more power from the HU. I can't tell you that the HU can handle it, but it might and that would really crank up the treble.

Some JBL GTO328's are 2ohm, but they have a funky raised lip on them so I don't know if there would be some clearance issues, but that's what a demel tool is for. ;)

Last edited:

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Kicker KS35's pop right in, and with the Crutchfield harness, its a snap.

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
I've got a set of JL 3.5"s in the corners, really crisped up the highs and the vocals

Reactions: PX8
OP
OP
danmp

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I think I will go for the front , and see how it sound.

Which ones I need to replace them if I do not want to pull much juicy from the HU

What is the consequences if I put a 2 ohm speakers ?

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
Not sure if the '14s are the same, but i know in my '12 the front doors are midbass only. No treble/high range frequency goes there

tokenindian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually think the factory dash speakers are 8ohm and most after market speakers will be 4. You'd probably have to tune the highs down a tad and adjust the fade a little more towards the back.

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Kicker KS35's pop right in, and with the Crutchfield harness, its a snap.

Pop these in the dash, plug-n-play, and you will get a nice upgrade to the upper frequencies. I was looking for the same thing and this made a huge difference.

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Those are a good choice too. Be sure to check out sonic electronics, or techtronics too. The prices are always a lot better than Rob-U-Field. If Rob-U-Field includes the adaptors I would say order them from them though. Get the adaptors! Cutting and slicing the dash speakers are a pain in the butt.

Also I wanted to tell you that just replacing the dash speakers will make a difference. I hope I didn't give you the wrong impression by pushing for an amp. Today just for ****tals and giggles I turned off my front speakers and ran just my rears, dash, and subs and I tell you I'm amazed at how much sound comes out of those guys.

OP
OP
danmp

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
How sound the infinity vs the kicker ? You you have the choice which one would you choose ?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
How sound the infinity vs the kicker ? You you have the choice which one would you choose ?

There no Infinity rep here :D

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I haven't heard either personally, but based on the info I've seen from others those infinites are great. I like the fact that they are 2ohms personally. I can tell you that I've got JL 3.5 running off of the head unit and it really made a difference.

Mr.Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Kicker 3.5's are plug and play with the harness on the Uconnect 3.0 also?

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The Kicker 3.5's are plug and play with the harness on the Uconnect 3.0 also?

Basically all 3.5's can be plug and play with the harnesses that are offered. The kickers in question from Crutchfields include the plug and play harnesses. However, I bet you might just be able to get them to include them with any 3.5's you buy as long as you call them. They are actually pretty good at doing things like that. You got to think about those harnesses like I do. They maybe cost .25 to make.

DarbyOhara

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
6.4L V8 OHV 16V FI Engine w/VVT
Basically all 3.5's can be plug and play with the harnesses that are offered. The kickers in question from Crutchfields include the plug and play harnesses. However, I bet you might just be able to get them to include them with any 3.5's you buy as long as you call them. They are actually pretty good at doing things like that. You got to think about those harnesses like I do. They maybe cost .25 to make.

I recently purchased those kickers for my front dash replacement based on just this thread. They are shipped and should be here tomorrow. But I had to order them from amazon and based on a youtube instruction, I ordered the proper harness adapter for them. I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Express and the other day when I read this thread I zoomed to Crutchfield to see my choices... there were none for my year, make and model. I chatted with a crutchfield rep asking why. He stated that each vehicle is analyzed and they just haven't got to any of the 2014 Ram yet. I do see today they have the quad 2014 as a choice. So they are working on it. But a bit disappointing they still don't have mine. Why am I writing this? I wanted to see what my choices are for replacing the 6x9 door speakers. Once again, I don't want any modification and just plug and play (w/ harness). I assume the 2013 would be about the same... but remember I have the Express. Just a 2 door short cab. Can anyone tell me if the door speakers are the same for all late model RAM. Can you make suggestions to replace? Thanks...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01