high mount cargo view camera VS back up camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I am looking at a Laramie 2014 Blacked out. I cant put my hands on the vehicle.
It says it has a back up camera and a high mount cargo view camera. I don't want to buy a loaded truck with a 1" back up camera when I have an 8.5" screen in front of me.

In the pictures it shows backing up in the rearview. My question is do both cameras work at the same time. Is the tailgate camera played on head unit and cargo cam in mirror? Or is it my destiny to always own an oddball Dodge?
TIA!

cyclepuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 Mega
Engine
Back up camera is in the mirror only and the cargo is in the head unit. I wish there was a way to switch them.

OP
OP
R

reb0957

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
How is it viewing in the mirror? Will I be able to back up to my trailer with it? It looks kinda worthless in the pic.

cyclepuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 Mega
Engine
Works good. I hook up to our tt all the time with no help, just have to lean a little closer to the mirror to get the ball right under the hitch. I just painted the top of the ball with orange paint which should also help.