Highest quality 6x9 for 6 base audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fielding99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most of good sound comes down to installation and tuning. Kicker designed their product for the ram off stock power I'd go with those. If you want to get wild we can discuss door prep and installation to make even a 2 dollar speaker sound amazing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Alright so lets say I went with the mopar kickers, since I already have the kicker 3.5's in the dash, would you recommend the 77KICK41's for the front doors and the rear doors?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would ditch the 3.5s and go with the component set, that's my preference since I like smoother highs rather than over bearing that you can get from a multiple tweeter setup.

OP
OP
F

fielding99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would ditch the 3.5s and go with the component set, that's my preference since I like smoother highs rather than over bearing that you can get from a multiple tweeter setup.

fair enough, thanks for the input

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Well... two of the brands you named sell lines at Best Buy, and one is sold at Wal-Mart. Touching further on that... most of those brands make cheap $100 speakers as well.... that are in line with your average crap at Best Buy and isn't any better. They aren't "higher end, better sound" because it says Focal on Hertz on the box. It's made with the same materials as your cheap Alpine speaker.

My point is company's make cheap speakers and expensive speakers. Just saying Focal is the best says nothing. No company will be superior across a line of speakers. Companies like Focal put their R&D in high end stuff because that is what they excel in. Your every-day common companies put their R&D in stuff that the average consumer will want.
I was in China visiting facilities a month ago, Ironic, saw Focals ran down the same assembly line as many others.

Sound is subjective, each persons ears will hear differently.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was in China visiting facilities a month ago, Ironic, saw Focals ran down the same assembly line as many others.

Sound is subjective, each persons ears will hear differently.

I will never again poo-poo speakers based on price point..

I'll try to keep this brief..

4 years ago I bought the home I live in at auction, it had Polk in wall speakers installed.
One was blown, so I looked it up and discovered they were $300-$400 each.
No thanks, not my budget.. I bought a new pair of cheapo Monoprice speakers and left a working pair of the Polks in the rear.. I decided to A/B them with straight 2 channel to hear the difference.. The $89.00 a pair Monoprice speakers absolutely murder the Polks, I have a few friends who get nutty with their home systems .. and they agree.

willscary

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I installed the 77KICK41 coaxials in the rear and the 77KICK11AB units in the front. The 77KICKAB has the 6X9 mid-woofer in the doors and 3-1/2" coaxials in the dash. The sound is really, really good with all 6 of these speakers installed in my 2015 regular cab with the 8.4a head unit.

OP
OP
F

fielding99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed the 77KICK41 coaxials in the rear and the 77KICK11AB units in the front. The 77KICKAB has the 6X9 mid-woofer in the doors and 3-1/2" coaxials in the dash. The sound is really, really good with all 6 of these speakers installed in my 2015 regular cab with the 8.4a head unit.

I'm thinking based on popular opinion that I should go with the 6x9 midbass in front vs. the 77KICK41 coax in the front...but there is no option for just the midbass speaker. I guess ill have to wait for someone to want to sell a set alone or bite the bullet and buy all 5 and just cut my losses on the 3 dash speakers

Also on a sorta off topic, does the 8.4 headunit push more power than the 5.0 uconnect?

Last edited:

willscary

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I guess ill have to wait for someone to want to sell a set alone or bite the bullet and buy all 5 and just cut my losses on the 3 dash speakers

Also on a sorta off topic, does the 8.4 headunit push more power than the 5.0 uconnect?

The 77KICK11AB set that I purchased had 2 6x9s and 2 3-1/2" coax speakers, not the 3 dash speakers. I shopped around between dealers and found one close to me that sold me both the front 77KICK11AB and rear 77KICK41 for $273 including tax.

I have no idea if there is a difference in power output between the 5.0 and 8.4a.

OP
OP
F

fielding99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 77KICK11AB set that I purchased had 2 6x9s and 2 3-1/2" coax speakers, not the 3 dash speakers. I shopped around between dealers and found one close to me that sold me both the front 77KICK11AB and rear 77KICK41 for $273 including tax.

I have no idea if there is a difference in power output between the 5.0 and 8.4a.

Hmm...too bad they don't have an option to buy just the mid-bass. Thanks for the info

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
if you bought the "kit", someone surely would buy the tweets off you.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Or play with it,. you may like the tweeter better than the 3.5", just have to try them and see.

OP
OP
F

fielding99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Or play with it,. you may like the tweeter better than the 3.5", just have to try them and see.

Ill have to do that considering its a 5 minute per side swap. 3.5's work well for me though im happy with them at the moment. Its temping to amp everything

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Even with the Kicker Mopars, you can amp them.

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the highest quality 6x9 that will fit in the front doors with trucks that have the 6 speaker system with 5.0 head unit? The general consensus seems to be 77KICK41 in the front doors. Is there a better option? and also, since there is more room in the rear door and they are full range, is there a high quality option for the rear doors as well? I plan to run these off of the stock head unit and add the drop in kicker sub later on

Kicker Subwoofers are good for the price. Kicker speakers for mids suck! I have a 6 speaker set up on my Ram and I just changed my speakers all around to Infinity Referece speakers (made by harmon/ kardon). They are super loud and clear. I put 9633cf behind the seat, 6032cf in the front doors, and 3002cfx in the dash.
I recommend you get them!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Kicker Subwoofers are good for the price. Kicker speakers for mids suck! I have a 6 speaker set up on my Ram and I just changed my speakers all around to Infinity Referece speakers (made by harmon/ kardon). They are super loud and clear. I put 9633cf behind the seat, 6032cf in the front doors, and 3002cfx in the dash.
I recommend you get them!

Your not comparing apples to apples though, Id put our KS or QS against your Infinity any day. The Kicker Mopars are made for a simple upgrade to factory speakers, that aren't paper, have a whizzer cone and they plug directly in to the factory door wires.
There is a difference when to add other components, but your not comparing the same lineup.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the highest quality 6x9 that will fit in the front doors with trucks that have the 6 speaker system with 5.0 head unit? The general consensus seems to be 77KICK41 in the front doors. Is there a better option? and also, since there is more room in the rear door and they are full range, is there a high quality option for the rear doors as well? I plan to run these off of the stock head unit and add the drop in kicker sub later on

in my reg cab I put the kicker ks 3.5" in the dash with 800hz blockers and ks 6x9's in the rear cab on stock 5.0 HU power. Very happy with the results.