HomeLink

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good morning,

I just got a new 2017 1500 Laramie. So far I love the truck. I'm trying to program my homelink and the buttons aren't doing anything the manual says it should be doing. When I press and hold buttons 1 & 3 to clear everything, for up to a minute, nothing happens. The book says there should be a red light flashing. I don't see a red light. So, assuming there actually isn't a red light, I tried programming button one. I hold it down with my existing opener right next to the button, there is supposed to be a message on the display, I see nothing. Again, assuming there isn't actually a message I try to trait to the opener and still nothing happens.

I can't tell if I'm doing something wrong or if the homelink isn't working.

All of these steps are being done with the engine running so that shouldn't be an issue.

Anyone have any advice?

Stan

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the same problem with my 2017. Spent a half hour or so following the instructions in the owners manual. Forget those. I finally went to the website for the opener I have. In my case a Genie. It had instructions that were like two steps, and worked in a matter of seconds. And the engine doesn't have to be running.

Hope that helps!

wink

OP
OP
ctdodge

ctdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found out there is one "small" detail that's not mentioned in the manual. You need to have the doors of the truck closed. I had been trying with the driver's door open and getting no response. I sat in my truck with the doors closed just messing with stuff and figured I'd try it again - voila, it worked!

pcschwenke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
One thing I had to do also, is unplug the garage door opener, then plug it back in. I read about it on line. Good luck.

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, Air Suspension
I️ had a problem programming my 2016 as well by placing the remote next to the Home Link in the truck. No matter what I️ did the remote code would not transfer. I️ used the “learn” button on the garage door opener and it worked instantly. This is covered in the manual as an alternate to using the remote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bdcramer1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't use the keychain remote when programming a Genie opener. I spent a few hours trying without success. Got it done in one try using the remote that clips onto the sunvisor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963