How do you reset the message center?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like the heading says. How do you reset the message center?

My windshield fluid light came on and for the life of me I can't figure out how to reset it? I have looked in the owners manual and can't find anything either.

Thanks in advance!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I don't think there is a reset for that. Did you happen to use rain-x or like washer fluid? I've read where that stuff screws with the sensor and makes the light come on.

Joji91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you topped it up with fluid the light should turn off on its own once it detects fluid has been added.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Farmingdales Finest
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you topped it up with fluid the light should turn off on its own once it detects fluid has been added.

That's how every vehicle I have ever owned did it but I put in 3/4 of a gallon of the standard blue washer fluid in and it hasn't gone out.

Its the first time I needed to add fluid since I bought it used in Feb 2016 so I have no idea what the previous owner used in the past.

Joji91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try disconnecting the battery for 5 mins or disconnect both sides and touch them together. Note: this will reset some radio settings.

OP
OP
Farmingdales Finest
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try disconnecting the battery for 5 mins or disconnect both sides and touch them together. Note: this will reset some radio settings.

Will try this after I buy more fluid and completely top it off. Seems odd that it wouldn't reset with 3/4 gallon but will try that first.