How to get wires inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Archer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
How do I get wiring stuff from the engine bay to inside? I have some lights Id like to put on when I do get them. I found a place where I can mount the light switch with little to no drilling or cutting of the inside panels. My main issue is getting the necessary wires from outside to in. Surely theres a place that can be done. Its a '14 Express 1500 that Im working with.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
you should have a clutch delete plate. search on here you should find pics of it easy. drill through that

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
How do I get wiring stuff from the engine bay to inside? I have some lights Id like to put on when I do get them. I found a place where I can mount the light switch with little to no drilling or cutting of the inside panels. My main issue is getting the necessary wires from outside to in. Surely theres a place that can be done. Its a '14 Express 1500 that Im working with.

This is the easiest spot IMO to get the wires through. I just put some of that yellow caulking over the small hole I cut to seal it up. The second pic is where it comes through on the drivers side footwell. Hope this helps!
uploadfromtaptalk1398215884186.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398215895271.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jack Archer

Jack Archer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
I finally have the lights, I'm not sure if I want to wait until I get my new bumper put on or put them on now. On the wiring diagram it shows something about a positive constant wire. I assume that means a wire that always has power. Which one would that be on the truck? I have less that zero knowledge when it comes to wiring. I'd have my brother in law helping me with this as he knows a bit more about this stuff than I do. uploadfromtaptalk1398826119687.jpg

Sent from the past five days in the future just now.

Bkhsvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The clutch plate is the by far the easiest, safest and cleanest to go through, you can see it right there in that picture

Bkhsvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And that constant wire is just running to a switch to trigger your relay for the lights. That's going from a 12v source to a switch to the relay. I personally would run one 12v cable from the battery to power the lights, and 86 on the relay, (all fused at the battery ofcourse) and then run the switch with a ground for 85 on the relay coil, that way it's cleaner and not running multiple 12v lines....

mpd2434

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you ever want to return it to stock take the two bolts out and remove the clutch delete plate. Then install a rubber grommet as I did and run the wires through that. It looks factory installed and very easy to do.