How to unlock the truck without the alarm going off??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tradryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I mean with the physical key, not the button. When I surf I swim with the key and park in the city and every time I unlock the car alarm goes off.

Also, are there any alternative key fobs out there? This is the worst design.. One of mine just broke after a year and it's always unlocking and locking whenever I sit down or stand up etc. Waterproof would be a big bonus.

The dealer has to program them all right?

reindeerman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 & 2002
Engine
The emergency key in the key fob is for allowing access when you have a dead battery. (in that case the alarm won't go off) You will need to use the key fob to turn the alarm off. I don't believe there is a way to do it otherwise.

My lock button got extra sensitive I found the you tube video on repairing key fob (its the one with four parts to it) I was able to repair mine without parts but the 3rd of three video also list a place where you can buy fob parts.
You can search You tube for "dodge ram key fob remote fix" by Bobbleheaderman

The place that sells part for the key is replacemyremote.com

ETHIKILL2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have a '14 1500, and when I open the driver door with the key (not FOB) my alarm doesn't go off.

I have used the hitch safe before when hunting and 4 guys are sharing 2 keys. Its a good product.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Waterproof would be a big bonus.
I fell off a pier into the bay (salt water) with my key in my pocket almost 2 years ago, and it still works fine, even on the same battery. I was in the water for a good 10 minutes as I tried to club back up the pier (about 6’ above water level on barnacle covered pylons), before I gave up and waded back to shore.