iDatalink Maestro

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolemoff1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No on Jensen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see their compatable radio's now. It looks like my 250$ touchscreen with navi isn't compatable, and the only radio's that are are up around 6-700$...

Now do I need this or not.... Hm...

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I see their compatable radio's now. It looks like my 250$ touchscreen with navi isn't compatable, and the only radio's that are are up around 6-700$...

Now do I need this or not.... Hm...
I picked the maestro rr, ch3 harness and Kenwood deck for just over 400

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Does the arm rest USB work with the car play using the acc USB?

OP
OP
S

sickboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does the arm rest USB work with the car play using the acc USB?

you will have to replace the center usb with the uram usb unit from iDatalink to use your apple car play.

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
you will have to replace the center usb with the uram usb unit from iDatalink to use your apple car play.

Not the USB itself just the adapter with the circuit card that connects to the harness right?

OP
OP
S

sickboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not the USB itself just the adapter with the circuit card that connects to the harness right?

its all one piece with the circuit board, usb and micro audio jack.

OP
OP
S

sickboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so..i figured out how to change the gauge functions...so many options.
IMG_1755_zpsyj43plkq.jpg
[/IMG]

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
I just installed a Kenwood DNX893s with idatalink module and I have full access to all the original factory settings including horn on lock , lights, etc... every menu I had with the stock radio.

I originally had a RA2 5.0 which I did the conversion over to auto climate control buttons and RA4 8.4" screen for the last year. The audio of the stock head unit is so muddy. After I put just the Kenwood in I was amazed how much better the sound was with the stock speakers.

Now I am working on a full active 4 way speaker setup to replace the stock speakers

Attachments

• vehicle setup.jpg
    vehicle setup.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 91
  • wide view.jpg
    wide view.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 101

Dspud2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel 6.7

I know this is an old thread, but I have been researching the URam accessory to integrate the USB port. It will not allow you to use CarPlay or the android version through it for some reason. The crutchfield website confirms it.

bpa88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I literally just installed the same radio 10 minutes ago..was getting ready to start a thread on it lol..I also used the maestro. I too had the 5.0 and man what a difference..I wasn’t expecting such a difference in sound quality but is literally night and day. The equalizer and crossover/fade settings are just the cherry on top..I got this for the apple car play but man I’m loving how it sounds.IMG_0040.JPG

bpa88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is an old thread, but I have been researching the URam accessory to integrate the USB port. It will not allow you to use CarPlay or the android version through it for some reason. The crutchfield website confirms it.

Correct, it will only allow you to retain the USB port, but car play will not work. I ran the usb extension cable that came with the unit down through the center stack behind the trim and under the glovebox/passenger foot area-out of sight out of mind and my lighting cable is always plugged in so not much worry there.

Dspud2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel 6.7
Correct, it will only allow you to retain the USB port, but car play will not work. I ran the usb extension cable that came with the unit down through the center stack behind the trim and under the glovebox/passenger foot area-out of sight out of mind and my lighting cable is always plugged in so not much worry there.

Yeah that’s my plan tonight. I was getting ready to buy this part just for CarPlay. Oh well, saved $20. I’ll just use the wire.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I have the idatalink uram in place of the original usb hub, and CarPlay works just fine.

Dspud2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel 6.7
I have the idatalink uram in place of the original usb hub, and CarPlay works just fine.

Interesting. Now I’m not sure what to do. Someone else on here said it wouldn’t work, and crutchfield says it doesn’t either. Guess I’ll chance the 20 bucks.

62501cdf48d847e662b583ca2f1848cb.jpg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Interesting. Now I’m not sure what to do. Someone else on here said it wouldn’t work, and crutchfield says it doesn’t either. Guess I’ll chance the 20 bucks.

62501cdf48d847e662b583ca2f1848cb.jpg

I can confirm it works for the pioneer avh-4200 nex (everyday for a year) and now my alpine iLX-107. The alpine is wireless CarPlay, but the uram is plugged into the usb input on the alpine for when I need to plug it in.

Dspud2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel 6.7
I can confirm it works for the pioneer avh-4200 nex (everyday for a year) and now my alpine iLX-107. The alpine is wireless CarPlay, but the uram is plugged into the usb input on the alpine for when I need to plug it in.

Perfect. Thanks!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Has anybody looked at messing with the Alpine iLX-F309, also referred to as the Halo9? It looks real sharp and I'm kinda leaning towards it in my Big Horn with the 8.4" Uconnect.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

They must've updated the board or some trucks have a better USB cable than others. My uRam never worked right for Carplay or Android Auto, but I know others have. I ended up replacing my 12v socket with a USB/HDMI port connected to my iLX207. I actually like that location better since I can stick my phone in the factory phone holder and use a short lightning cable to plug in.