Idatalink maestro on express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thedarktitan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installed Kenwood ddx9704s with the idatalink maestro kit on my 13 ram express. I was expecting and hoping to be able to access the gauges feature, but they are greyed out and unusable.
My truck just had the basic radio with no steering wheel controls, but I was under the understanding that I would be able to see the gauges and vehicle information.
Anyone have input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just installed Kenwood ddx9704s with the idatalink maestro kit on my 13 ram express. I was expecting and hoping to be able to access the gauges feature, but they are greyed out and unusable.
My truck just had the basic radio with no steering wheel controls, but I was under the understanding that I would be able to see the gauges and vehicle information.
Anyone have input?

I just installed a Kenwood DDX774BH with the Maestro kit in my Express and can get what gauges are available by whats coded, if you will, in the ECM. Its under the Maestro set up option, My Ram.

I'll take some pics or a video, if my Go Pro is charged up, and post them here when it gets light outside.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
What all can you get AO5GSHO. My gauge screen comes up but they don’t show any readings? Tire pressure sensors work, battery voltage and climate controls work and I think that’s is?

OP
OP
T

Thedarktitan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed a Kenwood DDX774BH with the Maestro kit in my Express and can get what gauges are available by whats coded, if you will, in the ECM. Its under the Maestro set up option, My Ram.

I'll take some pics or a video, if my Go Pro is charged up, and post them here when it gets light outside.

Yea that may would help. There is no maestro setup anywhere. It’s almost like mine isn’t even hooked up

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yea that may would help. There is no maestro setup anywhere. It’s almost like mine isn’t even hooked up

Heres a link to the video I was watching when you called. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLerccguMsI Is the OEM Setup option grayed out to? Its at the 11:00 minute mark of the video. If it is grayed out then I would call your installer as we discussed they didn't do something right.

OP
OP
T

Thedarktitan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Heres a link to the video I was watching when you called. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLerccguMsI Is the OEM Setup option grayed out to? Its at the 11:00 minute mark of the video. If it is grayed out then I would call your installer as we discussed they didn't do something right.

Thanks man.
Called the shop. Naturally they are booked up today. Wants me to bring the truck by and drop it off one day during the week...

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks man.
Called the shop. Naturally they are booked up today. Wants me to bring the truck by and drop it off one day during the week...

Good luck, a pain in the ass what you have to go through to get the installer to get it right, but they'll get it. I'm uploading a video now to You Tube about my OEM Setup, My Ram. Its going to take a long time to upload. I'm in northern WI with a DSL connection. Once done I'll post it here.

OP
OP
T

Thedarktitan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good luck, a pain in the ass what you have to go through to get the installer to get it right, but they'll get it. I'm uploading a video now to You Tube about my OEM Setup, My Ram. Its going to take a long time to upload. I'm in northern WI with a DSL connection. Once done I'll post it here.

Awesome. Yeah it’s a pain. They are the most reputable install place around my area.
Im just gonna try to keep my cool with them. It was a struggle on the phone earlier. At least they want me to bring it back in during the week when maestro is open so they can try to fix it.