if i swap to a 8.4 will sd card automaticaly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have a 2016 express with 5.0 just a usb aux hub of course.if i swap to a 8.4 and swap to a sd card media hub will it work without a flash.i know the sales code for a sd card is not available on an express is why i ask.and i know a usb stick will do the same thing i,m just asking.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I installed the RA4 out of a 2014 in my 14 Express the SD button appeared on my screen and worked fine after I installed the media port with the SD slot. When I installed my 2016 RA4 the SD button did not populate on the screen. I bought a code installer from OBD genie and installed the code in my truck. Now the SD card works fine. If you have a 13 to 15 radio and the button doesn't show up on the screen you can send your radio to Navrepair.com and the will add all the media ports less the CD player to your radio for around 70.00. For some reason they are not able to add it to the 2016 so you need to buy the OBD genie from them and flash it yourself. The OBD Genie was 199.00.