Im new.... a FNG even

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lifted14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hey everyone, I got my first truck the other day. 2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. Its pretty bone stock, I had some questions for everyone, again, im new. I went to car toys to get a new radio with Bluetooth and a back up camera so when the wife drives the truck she doesn't destroy anything. they told me they don't offer a "kit" for this truck..... then quoted me $750 without the radio to install an after market deck. any suggestions? help? ideas? is it possible to swap out the entire deck bezel or whatever? again, sorry if im new .... but any help is appreciated.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which radio do you have in the truck currently? Being a mobile installer on the side and as a previous profession, I can surely name one kit that is offered for the truck by metra. 95-6518B is the part number.

**EDIT: if you have the 8.4 I do not think there is a dash kit available. At least from metra. You can check fitments and parts for your truck at metraonline.com

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lifted14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know which radio it is.. no Bluetooth, xm ready, its small, nothing fancy.

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know which radio it is.. no Bluetooth, xm ready, its small, nothing fancy.

Nothing fancy tells me you don't have the 8.4, take a look at metraonline.com for parts. Take a picture of your radio if you can and post it here. This will help others help you better.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is kits for every radio this truck came with. Car Toys is a joke from what I have heard - I would try a more local mom and pop place with great reviews - or do it your self.

Whats your budget for everything? We can get you on the right track.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
hey everyone, I got my first truck the other day. 2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi. Its pretty bone stock, I had some questions for everyone, again, im new. I went to car toys to get a new radio with Bluetooth and a back up camera so when the wife drives the truck she doesn't destroy anything. they told me they don't offer a "kit" for this truck..... then quoted me $750 without the radio to install an after market deck. any suggestions? help? ideas? is it possible to swap out the entire deck bezel or whatever? again, sorry if im new .... but any help is appreciated.
Your best bet is to swap in a higher trim radio. From a Laramie, Longhorn etc. That has gps built in and hookups for rear and front camera. Its always best to use OEM parts and it will also look cleaner. Check out the Audio/Electronics forum under 4th gens for more help.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
L

lifted14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can't seem to post a picture. Says file is to big. Any clue how to shrink it?

Edit ** I have the uconnect 3.0 **

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can't seem to post a picture. Says file is to big. Any clue how to shrink it?

Edit ** I have the uconnect 3.0 **

I also ran into this issue and started using the taptalk app on my phone and it let me upload some pics. There were some I still couldnt upload because of size, but was good for most of them. Maybe give this app a try and see what happens.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your best bet is to swap in a higher trim radio. From a Laramie, Longhorn etc. That has gps built in and hookups for rear and front camera. Its always best to use OEM parts and it will also look cleaner. Check out the Audio/Electronics forum under 4th gens for more help.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

eh....the aftermarket has a lot more to offer that the factory. If you want it to look stock, then buy a Laramie or Big Horn radio. If you want better sound, video, options, expandability, etc....aftermarket is the way to go........in my opinion......

bucks130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if you do decide to go aftermarket then this would be a pretty good part to install for the backup cam..

Dodge Ram Tailgate Handle Backup Camera, Replaces Factory | eBay

would make the camera install as clean as stock

Have you used this camera before? I am looking into getting one and not sure which to choose. I'm steering towards the cheapo esky cameras on amazon and installing into my tailgate handle, but if this is better quality then I may go this route

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If your looking for bt and a backup camera you can go in 2 directions. 3.0 would be the rearview mirror display or upgrade your radio to a 5.0 or higher for rearview in the radio. Either way there are factory install kits for the cameras. Do you have the hands free in your truck? Idk what came in the 14s as my 17 came with the hands free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963