Infinity 9633CF 6x9 Front Door Speaker Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So i searched all over the Forum and I couldn't find a clear answer.
I have a 14 RCSB and I want to install all new Infinity Speakers all around.
I have them in all my cars and they are super load and clear.

So I am seeing that the front speaker space is 2-3/4" in depth.
According to the specs on the 9633CF speaker the mount depth is 3-1/16"

I seen in an old post Matt put these on all 4 speakers in his CC.

Do I need specers for the front to install these and if i do will a 1/4" spacer be enough to install these?

:3681700201_eef6d1e2

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd do a 1/2" spacer if the tweeter will clear the door card.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PNUTLT1

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd do a 1/2" spacer if the tweeter will clear the door card.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes i was thinking a 1/2" will do the job, but now my question is will it push it too far that it will hit the door screen?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tried an old JBL GTO with 1/2" spacer and the tweet for sure hit. If you can do a comp set you would be better off for sure.

jboy2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
im in the market for a set of components myself and highly recommend you do so as well. For 1, no need to worry about the tweet hitting the screen, and 2, most components have a shallower depth than their comparable coaxial counterpart.

OP
OP
PNUTLT1

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like compononent speakers but they are pricey. I think some standard size speakers will make it alot louder and crispier. Since I am keeping the stock radio, components are a waste!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How do you figure? Not try to be an ass asking it that way but I'm not seeing your rational.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Maybe it's just me or the factory Infinty speakers are junk. I have the Infinty system in my truck and it (sounded) great until the all to familiar speaker rattle started. Replaced them KW's and couldn't be happier.

OP
OP
PNUTLT1

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A stock oem radio will not push components speakers to their full potential. I will need a EQ and a amplifier to push them to sound clean. I am not saying that components are not good or that the regular replacement speakers are better than components with a crossover because they are not. But since I am using my OEM radio, the replacement infinity reference speakers will be a lot louder and clearer than the OEM pos speakers.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A stock oem radio will not push components speakers to their full potential. I will need a EQ and a amplifier to push them to sound clean. I am not saying that components are not good or that the regular replacement speakers are better than components with a crossover because they are not. But since I am using my OEM radio, the replacement infinity reference speakers will be a lot louder and clearer than the OEM pos speakers.

A lot of generalizations here. Using for example the Alpine Type-S 6.5" speakers, the co-axial and component both have the same sensitivity (88db). Both will also handle the same power (80w). These speakers will still produce the same level of volume no matter what. The component set on the other hand will have a better crossover and gives you the advantage of tweeter placement. Both of these allow it be a better sounding speaker. Crossovers and placement can make a huge difference when it comes to speakers. There is no reason to go with a co-axial set over a component set.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^agreed you will have better results with comps and they should be within $20 of what ever Brand you are going with at the price point you are looking in.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio