Installation of 82214240AB on 2017 Power Wabon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrduelly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Installation of 82214240AB on 2017 Power Wagon

I have installed the back up camera kit MOPAR 82214240AB. I checked my work several times before taking it to the dealer to have the XAC code activated on my truck. The issue now is the back up camera works but the ABS light is on and the Cruise Control does not work. The truck drives fine but there is no ABS function at all. My question is does anyone know of an issue with this kit that was not documented in the installation procedure and or a change that was not updated in the installation documentation. Also I for got to mention the DTC will not clear.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have installed the back up camera kit MOPAR 82214240AB. I checked my work several times before taking it to the dealer to have the XAC code activated on my truck. The issue now is the back up camera works but the ABS light is on and the Cruise Control does not work. The truck drives fine but there is no ABS function at all. My question is does anyone know of an issue with this kit that was not documented in the installation procedure and or a change that was not updated in the installation documentation. Also I for got to mention the DTC will not clear.

Hi Mrduelly, we have only had this occur once with a factory kit we sold and it was due to the reflash with the WiTech tool to add the XAC sales code. I would recommend you have the dealership that added the sales code for you to reset the ABS module and relearn it. Should fix it.

OP
OP
mrduelly

mrduelly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Thanks for the info I will pass it on when I bring the truck back in on Wednesday. Also would this condition make the cruise control inop. I tried to use it Sunday and it would not come on.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Also may want to double check your BCM connectors to make sure they are fully seated (weird things happen when it's not) and double check that you tapped the correct Org/DB wire for the active grid lines at BCM C5/E-45 (Lin Bus CBC 3 signal).

Good luck.
PS: Glad to see @Infotainment.com officially on the forum.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

OP
OP
mrduelly

mrduelly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I rechecked all of the install again last night. everything is as it should be. I guess I will find out tomorrow after I take it in.
Again Thank you for your help.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I rechecked all of the install again last night. everything is as it should be. I guess I will find out tomorrow after I take it in.
Let us know what they find.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Did you remove the connectors under the PDC during the install? If so make sure they are all seated correctly. It seems to me that someone did the heated seat mod and they didn't get one of the connectors seated back fully and it exhibited the same symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mrduelly

mrduelly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
From what I was told when the scan tool was connected and the ABS re flashed it would not take. They had to get engineering involved. Apparently, the engineering support supplied a separate flash which then worked.