Installed OEM camera....nothing works now...Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Copernicus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I installed the OEM camera kit today.....followed the instructions to a T. Went to turn on the truck and nothing worked. No radio, no camera etc. I unplugged the connection from the radio to the long harness and the radio came on after a few minutes. I checked the pins and connections to verify they were correct. Plugged the connections back in and now I cant get anything on the screen regardless of what I do.

Any suggestions on things to check?? Help me Obi-Wan

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take a pic of the back of the radio harness connector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
It sounds like you made the dreaded pin 1,2,3 vs 31,32,33 mistake and connected the camera to the radio's can bus and air bag deployment signal.

There are embossed pin numbers on the back of the connector to help you find the correct pins. I hope you didn't cut them off and splice them in.

See post 10 of the Camera thread for links and pictures of this issue....
http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?p=974372

Post 26 link, I think covers it.

Edit:
NOTE:
If it was pins 1-3 that you swapped with 31 - 33. Here are the colors that are supposed to be there...
Pin # / ID# / Color / Description
1 D75 __ GY __ CAN C (+)
2 D177 _ DB __ CAN IHS (+)
3 R41 __ LB/VT AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT SIGNAL

Hopefully it didn't do anything too bad to the Radio, Can Bus, or BCM.
May try disconnecting the battery for a while, reconnecting, and seeing if it does anything. RLK had his screen go blank, disconnected Battery for 8 hrs, and it came back up.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Copernicus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It sounds like you made the dreaded pin 1,2,3 vs 31,32,33 mistake and connected the camera to the radio's can bus and air bag deployment signal.

There are embossed pin numbers on the back of the connector to help you find the correct pins. I hope you didn't cut them off and splice them in.

See post 10 of the Camera thread for links and pictures of this issue....
Installing OEM backup cam - DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums

Post 26 link, I think covers it.

Yep.....Hangs head.....I did. I cut and spliced them. Now I have to find 3 of those tiny ass connectors somewhere??? Any ideas?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Yep.....Hangs head.....I did. I cut and spliced them. Now I have to find 3 of those tiny ass connectors somewhere??? Any ideas?
You just need 3 wires/pigtails with the correct pins for the radio right?

Edit: pm me your name, address, and Paypal info and I will send you some you can splice back in. Just don't cut any more ok!
Pop out the red plate on the from so you can release the pins with a small jeweler's screwdriver to pull them out the back.

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
See prior post edit.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Just a dumb question, did you go to the dealer and get the unit flashed Just a thought.. Please update what you find Thanks

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Let me know when you receive those radio pigtails and get it all spliced back together and in the correct cavities on the radio connector. Hopefully that will get you up and running.

Don't forget to reference the prior post and the camera thread for the correct wire color to pin #.

Mike G.
8334843bf6432b24253878d1a4a34877.jpg