Installing alpine sub on non-alpine system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all, I searched but couldn't find the answer. I have a new 2016 ram sport crew model, with non-alpine system. I have a line on the alpine woofer for under the rear seat. Understand that three is one amp for the whole system under the dash by the ebrake. Is the amp the same on both ram stereo systems? (Alpine and non)

Bottom line - can I install the alpine woofer without any other mods? (Amp, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
no you cant. you need an aftermarket amp and if you really wanted to, you could wire it to drive the oem alpine sub However, to be very honest, youd be better suited to buy something of better quality ( sub and box ). The 8" oem sub is barely mediocre at best. Search for the threads where many of us how dropped in a better quality pioneer sub to make it better. Even then, its still marginal, but better than

for your truck, go out and buy some quality aftermarket speakers for the dash and doors, then find a good sub and box with an aftermarket amp and you will have a nicer system than the alpine.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Kicker does make just an add on sub w/amplifier for the standard(non-Alpine) audio system in 2013 and newer Rams.
If I am not mistaken, Kicker just came out with an add on system just for the 2013 and up Rams with the standard sound system. It has amplifiers for the door speakers, and a sub box with amp for under the back seat and is pretty much plug and play.

OP
OP
T

twalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, thanks guys - I'll look up the kicker system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kicker does make just an add on sub w/amplifier for the standard(non-Alpine) audio system in 2013 and newer Rams.
If I am not mistaken, Kicker just came out with an add on system just for the 2013 and up Rams with the standard sound system. It has amplifiers for the door speakers, and a sub box with amp for under the back seat and is pretty much plug and play.

yea, and its like $1200 :roflsquared:

the kicker sub box and mini amp can be had for about $425. And then like i said, just get some quality aftermarket speakers for the dash and doors