Interesting Uconnect Feature

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ravenron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys...new to the forum as I just purchased my first ever RAM! 2017 5.7 Hemi, short bed, Ignition Orange! I am so impressed with this truck. Powerful, handles so much better than my previous ride (2015 F250 diesel) and cannot beat that awesome color!!! It's a shame the other truck makers don't make interesting trucks.

Anyway...I also really like the Uconnect system and have found an interesting feature I had not heard about before. Maybe I'm the only one who didn't know this...you guys can laugh and throw rocks as necessary :)

Has anyone else noticed that with SXM radio and favorites set, when you tune to a new station, the song almost always plays from the beginning. For a while I thought this was simply coincidence but it almost always happens...especially if tuning as a result of a favorite song or artist alert.

Anyway...I think this is pretty cool and I haven't seen it on any other SXM radios (i.e. my wife's 2017 Infiniti Q60). Just thought I'd point this out.

Comments?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the forum Sir from Bristol Tn.
I believe the " playing from the beginning " is the default setting when you choose an artist or a particular song as a favorite.

While on SXM choose settings from the bottom menu button and scroll down Untill you see SXM setup . I think you'll find the options there ? Not positive can't remember.

OP
OP
R

Ravenron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Copy, thanks...I'll take a look there. Didn't realize it was something I could set (or not). Still nice to get the whole song every time you hear something you like. I appreciate the reply...take care...

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Actually , if you have the sxm all access account , log in and the settings are there .

Hope this helps !