IPhone 5 and Uconnect...issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was told by Chrysler today that the Iphone 5 is not compatible with my 2011 Ram w/Uconnect. My issue is that my phone will not pick up the Bluetooth. I have tried 2 iphone 5's and an iphone 4. None of which work. I can only assume that Chrysler has not caught up with ios7 yet. Anyone else having this issue? I'm a little pissed that I bought a truck with certain features and now they can't even be used. Seems like Chrysler needs to get some people on a software download to take care of the issue. Please leep in mind that this was told to me direct from Chrysler.

OP
OP
K

king99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It worked perfect when I had my iphone 4 with blah blah software (whatever the latest n greatest was at the time). Only issues I had were very poor sound quality when streaming music. Now, nothing. Phone doesn't even pull UConnect up to choose with Bluetooth.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
my iphone 4s works but I haven't done the ios7 or whatever upgrade yet, don't know if I want to now lol

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Interesting. I just updated my RBZ to 50.xx software. I'll have to try my Iphone 5 with it

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
I haven't had any issues with my iPhone 5, everything has been working great. No issues at all.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
my iphone4 works perfectly including playing music via the blue tooth
i to tho have NOT dont the ios7 upgrade, heard some horror stories on it, as far as things not working properly

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No issues with my iPhone 4 and i DO have IOS 7
Both calls and streaming work great, though I don't use streaming very often.

Ray

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Iphone5 with ios7 works no problem with the latest update. I use Bluetooth probably 75% of the time.

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Radio update

I was told by Chrysler today that the Iphone 5 is not compatible with my 2011 Ram w/Uconnect. My issue is that my phone will not pick up the Bluetooth. I have tried 2 iphone 5's and an iphone 4. None of which work. I can only assume that Chrysler has not caught up with ios7 yet. Anyone else having this issue? I'm a little pissed that I bought a truck with certain features and now they can't even be used. Seems like Chrysler needs to get some people on a software download to take care of the issue. Please leep in mind that this was told to me direct from Chrysler.

What Uconnect radio do you have? I have update disc for RHR radio.

Allstar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Sport CC
Engine
My Iphone 4S was working good and all of a sudden started losing Bluetooth connection. Dealer replaced the Bluetooth module, did latest Chrysler uconnect upgrade and wa-la.... No problems since.

namccanna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
There's a simple solution to your problem.... buy a new phone! Just sayin! My S4 works great. NO issues, doesn't matter what software either is running.

w4rmk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2011 Laramie that I just bought last weekend. It came with an RBZ radio that I just upgraded to version 50. When I bought the truck the bluetooth module was dead so my dealer replaced it under warranty, just got it back 2 days ago. My iPhone 5S is working great, I get phone calls, can voice command to call by contact name, audio streaming, all works great. One of the things that is really awesome is that the radio displays my iPhone's signal strength and battery level right on the screen, and it's visible at all times, even when listening to the radio. Very impressed! One small complaint is that when I get a phone call and press the answer button it takes a few seconds before the phone stops ringing and the caller is connected, but that is a minor gripe.

Vancouver604

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8
I never use to have problems until just recently.. My iPhone 5 wont play from the uConnect until I hit play on my iPhone now? I have no control over my playlists but can see them and can scan threw them. When I do play a song off my iPhone I have to hit play off the iPhone pretty much acting like a AUX cable. It never use to do this!!! I use to plug it in and it would work no problem with full control on the screen and steering wheel.

:(