iPhone 7 Mirror on Uconnect 8.4 Best Option?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,
So as the titles states, I am looking for the best solution to mirror my iPhone 7 Plus on my Uconnect RA4.
I just want to use my phone for occasional YouTube and Netflix to mirror on my truck radio.

I assume wired and wireless is the same except that Apple doesn't not mirror Netflix, HBO and other TV apps unless I use a Apple TV.
Thats why Customtronix released the apple TV with their kit.

So here are the ones I found so far..
I assume the more common ones are the Lockpik and the Customtronix ones.
Any input would be appreciated! :3681700201_eef6d1e2

2013 - 2017 Dodge Ram 1500 / 2500 / 3500 5" & 8.4" UConnect Video Integration Interface

Naviks Wireless Smartphone Mirror Interface + USB Media (Video & Audio) (HDMI or AV Out) (Android, iPhone Compatible) (Youtube) (iOS 10 Compatible)

CRUX Interfacing Solutions ::: WVICH-03

https://www.coastaletech.com/uconnectairv2.htm

» Jailbreaker Connect (WiFi) for 2013-2017 Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Fiat/AlfaRomeo/Jeep

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
AppleTV or something like the LockPic + several adapters. Not worth it all IMO... besides its illegal. iPhones can only stream video wirelessly to AppleTV.

Last edited:

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you end up getting something? I’d like to do the same thing. Looking at the jailbreak uconnect WiFi

SuthrnRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm interested in this as well. I eat lunch in my truck some and instead of watching movies on my iphone would love to be able to sit and watch it on my Uconnect screen!

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi, it seems we are looking for kind of the same solution, so here is what i found so far.....

2013 - 2017 Dodge Ram 1500 / 2500 / 3500 5" & 8.4" UConnect Video Integration Interface

Naviks Wireless Smartphone Mirror Interface + USB Media (Video & Audio) (HDMI or AV Out) (Android, iPhone Compatible) (Youtube) (iOS 10 Compatible)

*** you will need both of these devices, one is the interface to the U-Connect the other one is the interface to add the video. I am now looking at a 12v Apple Tv. You can buy the adapter on ebay to convert your apple tv to 12v and then use your iphone as the wireless internet connection. Then you get the whole Apple tv on your screen.

CRUX Interfacing Solutions ::: WVICH-03

** I am checking these guys out now... seems they are one module for each thing, but nothing does more than one thing.

https://www.coastaletech.com/uconnectairv2.htm

** these are the guys who are ******* me off. I have used them for years in all my MOPAR, but now they are saying all prior Lockpicks won't work with the 17.*** update and are now refusing to answer if the V2 Air will lock up the NAV or not, last I heard it was in testing, but thats not giving me any comfort as the interface is the same as the CHR558-they deleted the IPOD Cable and added mirroring, but how it works with the U-Connect is the same :(

» Jailbreaker Connect (WiFi) for 2013-2017 Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Fiat/AlfaRomeo/Jeep

** I think these guys are in trouble, if you look at the item, they are not supporting the last 2 software updates, so this is out.

The NAVIKS people seem to have it together, I am calling them today to discuss a bundle and make sure they have no issues with the new on the air update to 17.***

I would love to hear from anyone who has any of these devices and has had issues or solutions? DocHoliday responded to my post, I think he is in the same position as me and you. I love the fact i have all those APP Icons now and the software update rocks with all the cool display screens. I think I got a left over or something as my Nav never had all those cool options all the other 2015+2016 Rams did that I sw, but I do now! but i lost all my videos and i had to take my lockpick out as my nav was so jacked up, I was getting lost traveling.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Doesn't seem to use the factory touch screen. It uses the screen but need to use individual controller.

Can't have everything. lol It's an option though.

Now, the interface module does have HDMI input. So, if your phone does HMDI over USB then you can connect your phone via cable and screen share and control your phone via the 8.4. I know this works.

One thing I haven't tried is plugging a Chromecast in to the module. This would enable Miracast enabled phones to wirelessly share their screen.

Last edited:

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can iPhone mirror to ChromeCast still? I thought Apple limited it to just AppleTV on iOS9.