IPod and Iphone connecting issue with 8.4A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
So I decided to use an old iPhone 5S as an Ipod in my truck. Was listening to it and everything was working great.

A couple days later, I decided to listen to some media on my iPhone through BT and it kept telling me that the device could not be seen. Even though in the system, my iPhone was paired and connected for the phone, but would not connect as BT audio.

I did a soft reset and a factory reset on the HU. Issue was still there.

Then I decided to unplug my iPod from the USB and the BT Audio connection came back......OK....hmmmm.

After further checking, since I am using an old iPhone 5S, iTunes named the phone with a default name, "my name iPhone". Well it just happens that my iPhone 6+ has the same name.

So the system would see the same name device on the USB connection and kill the same name on the BT connection.

So a simple rename of the old iPhone to iPod and the system saw the devices as different devices and now the BT audio works with the iPod connected.