Jackblackjeet's Audio Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jackblackjeet

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
a08284c9af2344903fdde244cbd6c823.jpg

c218b6f890cca2b94d7899015a5a79e9.jpg
dbeed3a44400334e23929618e458f2d3.jpg

Everything is in and working. Knuckles are busted, hands are cut and bruised. But everything is in.

It sounds awesome! Need to chase down some rattles and some s lyrics are a little bit hissy.

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
I like those black handles. Most of the rattles in my RCSB were the back corner/side/rear wall. And the middle seatbelt spool on the back wall.

If your tweets have a level adjustment, maybe drop em a bit to get rid of the shhhhh or check out the image in the middle of this page if you haven't already.
http://www.ramforum.com/f51/q_car_audio_thread-55427/index79.html

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is coming along nicely!!

It sounds like nobody told you to wear gloves to install CLD... :(

I use knit gloves, because they protect and are slippery so you are able to run your hand along the aluminum to help press it down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jackblackjeet

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I like those black handles. Most of the rattles in my RCSB were the back corner/side/rear wall. And the middle seatbelt spool on the back wall.

If your tweets have a level adjustment, maybe drop em a bit to get rid of the shhhhh or check out the image in the middle of this page if you haven't already.
http://www.ramforum.com/f51/q_car_audio_thread-55427/index79.html

The hissing S sounds were coming from the factory dash speakers. I had forgotten to disconnect them.

I've only applied the CLD to the doors so far (and ran out halfway through doing the rear doors). So I'll be ordering some more so I can hit the back wall and floor under the rear storage area.

Thanks DavidRam for the tip with the gloves. My hands are really torn up right now, but it's good to know for the future work I have planned.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice work, if those tweets are still bright just drop the eq a bit like stated. Hard domes tend to get a little bright/harsh in my experience.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The hissing S sounds were coming from the factory dash speakers. I had forgotten to disconnect them.

I've only applied the CLD to the doors so far (and ran out halfway through doing the rear doors). So I'll be ordering some more so I can hit the back wall and floor under the rear storage area.

Thanks DavidRam for the tip with the gloves. My hands are really torn up right now, but it's good to know for the future work I have planned.

It ain't done right if you ain't bleeding. Lol.. that is part of the reason I stopped installing full-time. It got really annoying having new cuts everyday.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its fun though when you go to a black light party and all the scars glow on your hands.

Mopar1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
what wires did you tap off of? and do you have vocals coming thru the sub?

OP
OP
jackblackjeet

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Set the Low Pass crossovers on your amp to 80hz and you shouldn't have vocals coming through.

Yeah. Hasn't been a problem since I turned everything down on the audiocontrols unit. And I believe my low pass is right around the 80 mark.

BCMark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm a little bit late to the party (been on a short hiatus) but nice job on the build. Also, I am all too familiar with those cuts, didn't have a finger with less than 3 good sized cuts on it when I did mine. Tried gloves but the only ones I had at the time made it too awkward when I was trying to shove my hand through those small openings and feel where to place the next piece in behind the inner door panels.

OP
OP
jackblackjeet

jackblackjeet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It's been a few months since I put everything in and wanted to give some updates. A few weeks after I had everything in, I noticed a slight hum during quiet portions of songs or while change stations/sources. I had a few places where my signal was close to power so I moved those, no change. I found a new ground location, no change. finally I just pulled the rcas from the audiocontrol LC2i and the buzz went away. Hooked up an ipod with 3.5 to rca adapters and it played cleanly. I hooked the RCAs back to the LC2i and then went to the signal side and found the the 12vdc and ground wires for this unit are running pretty close to the signal, I separated them and zip tied them to keep them from moving around and reduce the hum/hiss significantly. However, I couldn't completely eliminate it. I think that I might need to get power and/or ground from another source, or get ahold of some shielded wire for the input signal.

The other main thing that I've worked on is with the tuning of the system. Originally, I turned all of the dials on the audiocontrol unit down as far as they would go. Found the point where the headunit introduces distortion on several different test tones (31 was my magic number). Then set the gains on my amp. All of them ended up being set pretty close to the maximum. The sound was much better than stock but after a few months of listening to it, I realized that the system should be sounding better. I wanted it to be more cohesive and to punch a little harder.

I set everything back to zero. This time I decided to follow the instructions on the audiocontrol unit and set the main and bass levels to just below the level that would trigger the maximized lights. I then set the gain on the amps (ended at closer to halfway this time), and then set the hp filters for the doors and lp filter for the sub. Now the sound isn't just 'better than factory'. It is truly Amazing and exciting and I finally love it. Who would have figured that 'following the instructions' would have been the answer I was looking for.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im late to the thread, but this harness you speak of, its not on the NetAudio site? Im getting ready to overhaul the audio system and Id rather not destroy the factory harness. Do you have a a link to it by chance or who I should contact? I have the 6 speaker non amplified if it makes any difference