Jack's Full Dynamat Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Goal: full dynamat, dynaliner, dynapad and hoodliner build over next few weeks

I will post pics and add comments along the way. Any questions, just ask!

Dynamat and Dynapad full interior BEFORE roof - used 71 sq ft for each.

IMG_4862.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
1/2 dynaliner on back wall, rear bench and C pillars. Tight fit. Now I can't do the rear seat fold mod. Oh well!

Attachments

• IMG_4863.jpg
    IMG_4863.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:

Ajwalk2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm wondering how much of a difference this is going to make

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I had the same thing done to one of my previous Rams and it made a huge difference. My current install only has the doors and rear wall deadened. At some point in the future I will have the floor and roof done as well.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Last edited:
OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This **** better be pin-dropping epic. The cost and sweat equity is rough.

I put the driver seat in after dropping in the dynaliner and re-inserting the rear seat, took it for a spin. Not a significant change yet, but the console and passenger seat are out, as is the carpet. I think once the doors are done, that should be noticeable. I will let you know more next weekend.

Beer:30 :favorites13:

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sweet. Keep us posted. My box comes tomorrow for my two JL 10w6's and I thought about doing this as well. Any tips/tricks for the install?

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Sweet. Keep us posted. My box comes tomorrow for my two JL 10w6's and I thought about doing this as well. Any tips/tricks for the install?

If you are doing dynamat anyway, go the distance and put dynaliner on as well. It will keep your truck quieter. Some believe a minimum of 30% of Dynamat is needed. I opted for 100% for added resonance elimination, insulation and a surface for the dynaliner to adhere to.plus I have OCD, lol.

The dynamat is easy to cut with a razor knife. I also find myself using the handle and not the actual roller of the tool. Don't waste time using dynamat tape. I see only cosmetic value for it. Dynaliner covers it all anyway.

I used rubbing alcohol on all surfaces and was astonished how clean the truck was when I pulled the carpet.

Have an impact wrench or a breaker bar at the ready. 15 and 18 mm sockets. Also have a panel popper tool for the scuff plates and B and C pillar panels.

I opted to not wear gloves and paid the price, razorblade thru the thumb, but not related to the dynamat cutting lol.

Beer and music are a must. It is tedious work. You will not regret the effort and you will learn a lot about your truck too. Have fun!

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im curious to see how you will do the roof. How is it held up there, I hope to god its not Velcro and Tape like the 300's.. Once you pull it off it makes noise for the rest of its life.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Im curious to see how you will do the roof. How is it held up there, I hope to god its not Velcro and Tape like the 300's.. Once you pull it off it makes noise for the rest of its life.

You are so right. This is my fear too. The butyl in the dynamat is highly adhesive and I gotta think a perfectly clean surface and methodical application will ensure adhesion. I am going to try 1/4 in dynaliner but don't know how much clearance there is. I may have to go 1/8th. i am very OCD so I will be running through nitril gloves every few minutes. If this thing gets dirty I am gonna freak, lol.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If your not using a roller I would suggest getting one ASAP. Otherwise looks good so far. I also wouldn't bother testing for a difference until everything is back together.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
please post pics of the roof and doors! And maybe some detail on the removal on what issues you ran into(or didn't) and maybe some of the less removed panels......I appreciate it! I'm not that far behind you, getting ready to do the same thing!!

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
If your not using a roller I would suggest getting one ASAP. Otherwise looks good so far. I also wouldn't bother testing for a difference until everything is back together.

Yeah I got the roller and it is ok for the flat surfaces, but i use the handle in all the angled areas and then use it over the entire surface to create grooves to REALLY make sure it is sticking. I don't every want this stuff coming off.

BTW, I stayed clear on putting Dynamat on the B and C pillars where it might drip onto the seatbelt at the bottom. Instead, I reached inside the outter-most wall and slapped a few pieces there. I did line the B and C pillar panels with 1/4 in Dynaliner. I first pulled up the carpet liner-like insulation that was there. (this is where I sliced open my thumb, pulling that **** off).

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
please post pics of the roof and doors! And maybe some detail on the removal on what issues you ran into(or didn't) and maybe some of the less removed panels......I appreciate it! I'm not that far behind you, getting ready to do the same thing!!

Deal. :favorites13:

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
looks like you're doing a thorough job. Well done. What made you decide on Kicker?

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You mention clearance is tight for the backseat and you won't be able to use spacers for the fold down backseat mod. Any idea what application would still allow for this clearance? Going w/ a fox acoustic box that requires the backseats to be lifted for clearance

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
looks like you're doing a thorough job. Well done. What made you decide on Kicker?

Cost really, and I had a set in another truck so I knew what to expect.

OP
OP
S0CAL

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
You mention clearance is tight for the backseat and you won't be able to use spacers for the fold down backseat mod. Any idea what application would still allow for this clearance? Going w/ a fox acoustic box that requires the backseats to be lifted for clearance

If you went with 1/4 in dynaliner instead of the 1/2 in I used on the deck, I bet you'd be good to go on the rearseat mod.

Fixed!! I simply remove a 1/4 in circumference on the holes and the rear seat foldown mod works!

Last edited:

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm interested to see what kind of fuckery you have to go through with the headliner, do you have a sun roof?

I plan on doing my doors but really want to do the whole interior. Good luck and keep us posted!