JL Audio system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So the amp, front and rear speakers are in. Deciding on subs now, leaning towards the JL Audio quad box with two 10w1s and heard good things but I have only owned W7s so I know own I won't be happy however we don't have a lot to work with in the Quad cabs. They have a single 10W3 option but many have said take the 20" over the 10. I have researched endlessly and clearly I want JL products, yes they are expensive and many things sound good or better I have read but I have never had an issue with JL ever and they make a solid product. I reached out to NetAudio though it's a holiday weekend about there box since I read some good reviews here to see if a W6 or W7 would fit in the tall box just as my last option otherwise it's one of the two I mentioned in the top.

Thoughts, opinions? (I already bought the door speakers and amp so don't need feedback there but subs and box I would love input)

Attachments

• 20160701_170051.jpg
    20160701_170051.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 20160701_170202.jpg
    20160701_170202.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 83

bamagrad03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just my opinion, but I'd take a single W3 over a pair of W1s any day. Especially if I were coming from a W7. But I've always been SQ focused and didn't require a ton of boom.

A single W3 in a quad cab would give you a decent amount of bottom end though.

OP
OP
G

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just my opinion, but I'd take a single W3 over a pair of W1s any day. Especially if I were coming from a W7. But I've always been SQ focused and didn't require a ton of boom.

A single W3 in a quad cab would give you a decent amount of bottom end though.

Which is better for SQ then? I'm thinking if I dynomat the daylights out of it, the bass may not be that bad. I have the basic factory system and it basses decent for what it is with no sub.

bamagrad03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which is better for SQ then? I'm thinking if I dynomat the daylights out of it, the bass may not be that bad. I have the basic factory system and it basses decent for what it is with no sub.

For SQ, W3 will be better. Some people really want to bang out the bottom end. And for those folks, 2 subs would probably be better.

But if you just need low end reproduction with a health bump, 1 W3 will more than do the job, and sound great doing it. Plus, it'll free up storage on the other side.

OP
OP
G

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks don't care about storage reasons why I struggle with the best option

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

countrygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would get it a fox box with two 10" or 12" subs. I've got a dual 12" ported fox box with two sundown audio 12" subs. It is really loud.

However you can get the JL w3's to fit and the w6 version 2 subs also. I know a guy who also used the w6 version 3 subs by adding an extension ring to the box.

OP
OP
G

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I read somewhere the Fox Box quality isn't great and if you have a really good sub they can split. Net Audio I haven't read a bad review and Jl is great quality but high dollar and they won't push the limit on the Stealth boxes.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
W3s are awfully clean sounding subs for what they are so if you go that route I would get 2. Beacuase they are so clean and little distortion they tend to sound quieter than subs in the same category. I've killed a few in my younger days because of this. Now if you aren't new to that sound 1 w3 will do it for sure.
Other subs that sound great are sundown sa series, skar vvx and VD lines, and soundcube street series. All these brands have excellent subs fr9m 8s to 15s and wouldn't be scared to run a course for sound quality.

bamagrad03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
W3s are awfully clean sounding subs for what they are so if you go that route I would get 2. Beacuase they are so clean and little distortion they tend to sound quieter than subs in the same category. I've killed a few in my younger days because of this. Now if you aren't new to that sound 1 w3 will do it for sure.
Other subs that sound great are sundown sa series, skar vvx and VD lines, and soundcube street series. All these brands have excellent subs fr9m 8s to 15s and wouldn't be scared to run a course for sound quality.

I see a lot of recs for Sundown here. But how are they without a lot of airspace?

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They work well down to 1 cube personally if I get closer to the one cube I would look to a Dayton audio HO sub as iirc they work down to .75 cubes vented. The only thing is they don't have the build quality that bigger companies have but partsexpress.com is a great company to work with if there are issues.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have also seen that those fox boxes are not the best. they tend to be on the small side for airspace.

I'm a huge fan of the W3. believe it or not in my daily beater (2015 200) i have a single 12w3 that is from 2002 playing and sounding like it did back then. with the correct power and airspace these will play forever..