Just Ordered a JVC KW-NSX1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just Ordered a JVC KW-NSX1 **Now with pictures**

I wasn't really planning on any audio upgrades whatsoever for my Ram as i'm not much of an audiophile but seeing all the double din touchscreens made me really want one. I just ordered a JVC KW-NSX1 with mirrorlink and cant wait for it to get here so I can get it installed.

Does anyone have any experience with this unit?

I'll make sure to throw up some pics when it comes in and I get it installed in the truck.:pepper:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mopar_Express

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Well the head unit finally came today. I got my dash all trimmed and everything I could hooked up; the mirror link, mic for the bluetooth and the antenna adapter. Halfway through I realized there wasnt a good way to hook this up right and confirmed with crutchfield that the PAC harness was required for everything to work just right. I am having the harness overnighted since crutchfield gave me a killer deal on it. I did get it temporarily cobbed up to see how it works and test the mirrorlink which worked flawlessly and is pretty neat. Anyway heres some teaser pics. I fully mocked it up to make sure my dash cut was good and everything fit, I'll post up some finished pictures tomorrow.

20130723_142247_zpsd8275365.jpg

20130723_183210_zpsa43b16a2.jpg

20130723_183230_zpsb06c8038.jpg

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw that unit on Crutchfield. It's a very nice price now. I was tempted, but I will get some decent sound out of the 430N one of these years.

OP
OP
Mopar_Express

Mopar_Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'll have to get some working pictures up soon as I have the unit up and running now. My initial reaction is that this head unit is excellent and some of the best spent money on my truck. The audio is considerably better than factory and it is jam packed with features. It streams bluetooth audio nicely, bluetooth calling works well, it plays any kind of cd or dvd and the am/fm is no different than factory in terms of reception. The touchscreen is very intuitive and it has tons of customizable options, one of the neatest things is the mirrorlink. The thing I like most about this feature is i can use and control the navigation on my smartphone through the screen of the receiver.

Overall I am very pleased so far and feel like for the price I got a lot for my money. The install was a little bit of a pain becuase the mirrorlink module is kind of big and requires a few more connections and splicing so the install isnt for the faint of heart but its not terribly difficult if you have done this kind of thing before.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ Thanks for the update, and keep us posted. Integrating to the OE sucky Alpine system isn't for the faint of heart either :(.