keep ra3 nav radio or send it back?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
just bought a 8.4 from a online retailer which i won't name just yet.i was supposed to be getting a 2016 up ra4 .what i ended up getting was a ra3 with the nav option activated.any way i don't use the travel app thing on my other truck any way or the nav much either but i do like to have nav.the only issue i have with the ra3 nav is i have to say what country first. not a big thing but i don't have to do this on the ra4.i emailed for a refund only because the vp3 was marked out on the back of the radio and i think these guys were trying to pass it off as a ra4.the radio works great and price wise about the same differance.would you guys get a refund and buy a ra4 or keep the ra3?

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Get a refund. The RA3 does not have HD Radio capability. Are you sure it is a 2016? The 2015 and earlier models also have significant differences.

OP
OP
E

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yeah has the drag icon function.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would for the simple fact that you did not receive what you ordered. Tell them to send you the RA4 and you'll gladly put the RA3 in the box when you do the swap and send it back.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
id ask for a refund, a ra4, or a discount to keep what you have, simply because you did not get what you paid for. i had an ra3 with nav before i bought my ra4. i really dont use any of the additional functions of the ra4 to make the added cost worth it. in hindsight, i probably shouldnt have bought the ra4 and kept the ra3. if they make you a good offer to keep the ra3, id probably go that route. if not, push for the ra4.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
FactoryRadioParts on eBay?

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As stated above I would ask for return or refund for the difference.
You purchased the Ra4 and you got the 3 that shouldn't of happened if your ok with the functions just ask to refund you money for what the 3 is worth

OP
OP
E

et todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
should be getting a ra4 replacement monday see how that goes. it wasn't factory radio parts don't really want to say till i give them a chance to get it straight.but it kinda narrows it down if it wasn't factory radio parts.