Keeping Stock 5.0 HU - What Door Speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SMVRam2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I have a 2015 2500 Crew Cab with Uconnect 5.0 HU. I have read post after post but can't find a simple answer on what 6x9 speakers will fit in the front and rear doors and make at least some difference/improvement without adding and amp. I've had many systems over the years and know the common upgrade paths etc. but all I want to do is replace stock with upgraded and use something that fits and works with the HU, match ohms etc.

Thanks for any advise and experience!! :happy107:

OP
OP
S

SMVRam2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I replaced my stock speakers with JBL 3000 series and love them.

Which head unit do you have, exactly which model/size did you put front and back and you have no amp on them - correct? Don't suppose you have any pics from when you installed them?

Thanks Frank!

bsmarble

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also went with just JBLs in the front doors with the 5.0. Wow what an improvement over stock. Then replaced stock head unit with a Pioneer DVD. Still have stock 6x9 in the rear, they suck and stock dash speakers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
in my other car ('15 chrysler 200) if has the same setup. in there i replaced them with a pair of sony 6.5" components and took the dash speakers out and put the tweeters there. i was actually impressed with them this is coming from someone who used high end audio equipment for most of 2000-2013.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/car-speakers/xs-gs1621c

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
5.0 here too. I replaced the stock speakers with Kickers, front doors, rear doors and dash. I think the part numbers are KICK28 (front doors and dash) and KICK41 (rear doors). It works well. I had considered adding an amp but this setup is good enough.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
What size are the speakers in the rams? Never looked into it sorry

Frank Powers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L
Which head unit do you have, exactly which model/size did you put front and back and you have no amp on them - correct? Don't suppose you have any pics from when you installed them?

Thanks Frank!

Sorry, no pictures, but it's a double Din Pioneer. THE REAR DOORS HAVE 5 AND HALF INCH, FRONT DOORS 6X9, AND i DID ADD THE 3 1/2 INCH DASH SPEAKERS, JUST WIRED INTO THE 6X9'S. sOUNDS GREAT TO ME.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry, no pictures, but it's a double Din Pioneer. THE REAR DOORS HAVE 5 AND HALF INCH, FRONT DOORS 6X9, AND i DID ADD THE 3 1/2 INCH DASH SPEAKERS, JUST WIRED INTO THE 6X9'S. sOUNDS GREAT TO ME.

Please do not respond with incorrect info. You have a 3rd gen truck. To the OP: Cred and Quad cabs have 6x9 in all four doors and 3.5 in dash.