kenwood or JVC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

romeyjuice

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am getting ready to buy a unit. In my last ram i had a jvc el kamelon and liked the radio but it was in 2001 ram. When it comes to the idatalink compatible unit i see alot of people are using kenwood. Just wanted some thoughts from folks that have either brand unit and what they like about it comared to the other. Thanks

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Jvc and kenwood are basically the same company ( think gmc and Chevy ). The units will have slightly different features from one to another. Basically get the one you like best / fits in your budget.

Given the choice I'd go with kenwoods excelon line. 2 year warranty and better output converters. Along with 4v pre outs on most of their units. This is coming from an ex kenwood salesman/ installer.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
when I was into after market stereo units I went with clarion one of the best in the industry .And for what i have seen they have a full digital line that is right up there with kenwoods excelon line

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
love my kenwood excelon dd,but can't really compare it to anything else other than factory.like the dual camera input.don't know how clarion slipped in but whatever.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
when I was into after market stereo units I went with clarion one of the best in the industry .And for what i have seen they have a full digital line that is right up there with kenwoods excelon line

are you putting a date on yourself there? lol since about the mid 2000's they went down hill hard and fast.

everyone will like different HU's usually the UI is what makes someone go with one over another

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
are you putting a date on yourself there? lol since about the mid 2000's they went down hill hard and fast.

everyone will like different HU's usually the UI is what makes someone go with one over another

well yeah look at my age lol. I won many car audio contests with clarion audio.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Clarion is actually the most innovative manufacturer IMO. They have a line of digital speakers (not powered by AC voltage, but a digital signal). And some of their HU still offer an optical out.

57buick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L diesel
Kenwood VS JVC it's Kenwood Excelon by a landslide. Much better units

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
Clarion is actually the most innovative manufacturer IMO. They have a line of digital speakers (not powered by AC voltage, but a digital signal). And some of their HU still offer an optical out.
verified thanks lol

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
A few years ago Clarion came out with a 3-way active capable HU for under $250, I believe it was a CZ702 or something along those lines...awesome value for the dollar. And now it seemes you can get one from Best Buy for $151, which is insanely cheap for a 3-way active HU. Clarion amps have always been good quality as well, I have a dew from over the past 20 years and they're all stoutly made on the inside.

Anyways, HU wise I prefer the looks of the Kenwood stuff. I'll likely be going with the 792BH since I don't like touch screen stuff that much. I'd rather have a knob and some buttons than rely on touch screen stuff for most functions. I hate remotes as well, never use them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye