Key fob stops working after remote start (DBALL2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84lamb250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The DBall2 has been working great in my 2013 1500, until just recently. I had brought my truck to the dealership for a recall, and I believe they upgraded the software as part of the recall (something about airbags turning off during rollover). Now, after I remote start the truck (lock 3x), the key fob stops working, until the truck cuts off, then works normally again. Also, the truck shuts off when I manually unlock it, but I'm assuming that's part of the anti-theft system. Has anyone heard of this happening, or have experience with it? When I get a chance I will try to reprogram the keys and hope that fixes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The DBall2 has been working great in my 2013 1500, until just recently. I had brought my truck to the dealership for a recall, and I believe they upgraded the software as part of the recall (something about airbags turning off during rollover). Now, after I remote start the truck (lock 3x), the key fob stops working, until the truck cuts off, then works normally again. Also, the truck shuts off when I manually unlock it, but I'm assuming that's part of the anti-theft system. Has anyone heard of this happening, or have experience with it? When I get a chance I will try to reprogram the keys and hope that fixes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trying to bump this old post because I'm now in this boat with the exact same symptoms.
Mine has been working problem free for 2 years plus until I pulled the negative battery cable while doing a HVAC swap.
Do I need to reprogram keys again or anyone have insight on what the issue may be?
Happy Holidays everyone!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine does this occasionally. Probably a 1 in 30 occurrence. Haven't worried about it since I don't remote start often as it is plus being an intermittent problem.

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine does this occasionally. Probably a 1 in 30 occurrence. Haven't worried about it since I don't remote start often as it is plus being an intermittent problem.
Wish this was the case. My situation seems permanent and with it being winter in AK, I may use my remote start more often than others.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting!
I pulled the DBall out of the truck(15) when I was taking it in for the recalls.Re-installed after and everything seems fine.Use mine everyday.