Key remote lock button went out can I reprogram a new one with my current setup ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The lock button went out today. I read your can program up to 4 remotes. I have one semi working key fob and a spare key that carmax gave me. Will this work or will I have to pay the stealership to reprogram it? TIA.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bump... can anyone help me here? I really need to get my remote fixed.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
unfortunately a dealer has to program them. you may get lucky and find a locksmith that has a scan tool that can also.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
unfortunately a dealer has to program them. you may get lucky and find a locksmith that has a scan tool that can also.

x2, around where I live getting the fob and having it programmed from a locksmith is less then 1/2 the price my local dealership wants to do it.

OP
OP
Treburkulosis

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm wondering if it's just the suction part behind the rubber cover that goes bad? I found one on amazon for 13 bucks. I may try it and report back. Unlock and panic both work.