KEYFOB update you might be interested in....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

posttal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 and 2013 Laramie
Engine
hemi 5.7
I made a post the other day asking if all 4th gen keyfobs are the same and no one seemed to know so I called the dealer and got some info that might be useful to others. My vehicle is a 2011 1500 Laramie and all the e-bay listings said 09 to present but seemed to stop at 2010. Well first off the dealer said they ARE different..and that there is a recall on 4th generation keys up to 2010. . He then went on to say that 2011 and 2012 keys are the same but not the rest of them according to the part numbers he just looked up. . . I thought that was good to know. Also keys on e-bay are 25-30 dollars..but they have no clue as to the 2011 application..and then on top of the key you need someone to program it...well here's something else you might want to know.. .I work as a mechanic for the USPS and we have a mobile guy that can program them...he gets 120 bucks...BUT the DEALER only wants 20.00 ! And the keyfob at the dealer was 115 ( with post office discount) 135 regular price ..this does not include the slide in key which is 20 bucks but that you can get on line for 5 bucks and have it cut anywhere. So I told the dealer to order my fob for 115 plus another 20 to program it for a total of 135...cheaper than taking a chance on a e-bay key and having a mobile guy program it...the point is call around to your dealers,by the time you add it all up they're really the best deal considering they will guarantee that it works properly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye