Kicker 77KICK28AB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
So, to anyone who is on the fence about installing these speakers.

I installed this upgrade Kicker 77KICK28AB yesterday, and to say that it is a 100% improvement isn't giving it enough credit.

The bass coming out of the doors is light years ahead of the factory speakers, and I love the crispness of the tweeters in the dash.

Now I am frothing at the mouth waiting for My Kicker 8" Hideaway that is on order.

More updates to follow ! :anitoof:

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stock radio? I upgraded my hedunit first, then going for these speakers a little later. Hope they sound good with aftermarket head unit

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
Stock radio? I upgraded my hedunit first, then going for these speakers a little later. Hope they sound good with aftermarket head unit

I'm sure they will sound better. You will probably get a quality receiver along the lines of pioneer, Kenwood or alpine. Those will get you better power and signal to noise ratio plus some time alignment.

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only downside with the upgrade is the amount of rattle the improved speakers create in the door panels.
I sound deadened the panels like crazy - still got quite a bit of rattling @ some deep bass frequencies.

ColdSeven

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 magnum
Hopefully not sounding like a noob(although I just picked up my 4th gen) but the part number is for a dart if I'm not mistaken, if that's accurate is that the best aftermarket speaker upgrade for these?

chrism1367

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully not sounding like a noob(although I just picked up my 4th gen) but the part number is for a dart if I'm not mistaken, if that's accurate is that the best aftermarket speaker upgrade for these?

I saw that too, threw me off about the dart but reading reviews it seems they are also for rams. For a straightforward plug and play for the money I hear they pretty much can't be beat. I'm sure you could spend more dough for better if you want

OP
OP
Booms

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Yes, the part # is for a Dart application, but the speakers are a perfect fit in the Ram.
Plug and Play as well.

joker2168

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only downside with the upgrade is the amount of rattle the improved speakers create in the door panels.
I sound deadened the panels like crazy - still got quite a bit of rattling @ some deep bass frequencies.

I also have the same issue. Any idea for a fix? I used sound deadening behind the speaker also.

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I only noticed a slight rattle from my tweeters but it went away after awhile, couldn't find out the problem, everything was tight. I love the upgrade tho, huge improvement over the stock speakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I also have the same issue. Any idea for a fix? I used sound deadening behind the speaker also.

It's the nature of the beast. U can try your best but nothing with solve it. Honestly the best thing to do is to lower the bass in the system and run an external sub. A 10" or 12" single will give you more clean base than the door speakers could ever produce. Use them for your mids and higher and let the sub do all the heavy lifting.

From what I've noticed so far is that the rear doors are lows and mids only. Front doors are mids and highs and the same for the dash which are wired together.

For those of u running 4ohm dash speakers, splice in some 4ohm 10w resistors and it will allow u to center the balance again and improve the sound without fading to the rear to tone down the 4ohm dash speakers. I just did the resistor mod today and I'm impressed.

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just bought the 77Kick41's for rear and may look into getting this set for my front or the 42's. hmmm