LED Headlight issue - Stark 90w 9000lm w CANBUS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good morning everyone. I am racking my brain trying to understand why my headlights will shut off randomly. I just installed my second set of LED headlights. This time I am running the Stark 90w 9000lm w CANBUS cancellor that came highly recommended. I have talked to a few ram owners that have had no issues.

2015 dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 2wd

Lights stay on for about 5 - 10 minutes then shut off. I am going to be touching the positive and negative together to see if that clears and fixes the issue. I did not have this issue when running LED headlights without a CANBUS cancellor but ran into a flicker issue.

I have relays that i did not install with it because i was informed that this would be a plug and play kit.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Starting in the 2015 model year the canbus system became more sensitive. So systems that worked for previous years wouldn't work on 2015+. I don't if others have found a workaround for running leds but if it would work you'd need to find a 2015+ hid canbus resistor harness or try ddm tunings 2015+ canbus adapters.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Lifted2wd

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I'll look into it. These were suppose to work, per company. Will see what happens. I've heard that some run power from the running light to the headlight.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like stated above the 2015+ models are really picky even with the resistor it might not take certain kits. Companies depending where you buy can state anything they want but they haven't really tested them on the 2015+ ram. I would stay away from kits like that and buy hid's from retroshop or go back to halogen.
My research here has pretty much told me Led headlight kits won't work on our 2015+ so it's best to stay away to avoid these problems

Good luck

OP
OP
Lifted2wd

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
thanks for the input I'm going to look into HIDs. I'm learning just like stated one 15 to the next are not the same

OP
OP
Lifted2wd

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Switching to an HID 6000k kit. 4th time taking off the front end in a week. Hoping this is the last

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good morning everyone. I am racking my brain trying to understand why my headlights will shut off randomly. I just installed my second set of LED headlights. This time I am running the Stark 90w 9000lm w CANBUS cancellor that came highly recommended. I have talked to a few ram owners that have had no issues.

2015 dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 2wd

Lights stay on for about 5 - 10 minutes then shut off. I am going to be touching the positive and negative together to see if that clears and fixes the issue. I did not have this issue when running LED headlights without a CANBUS cancellor but ran into a flicker issue.

I have relays that i did not install with it because i was informed that this would be a plug and play kit.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated
https://youtu.be/ptcqtJg189s

Mabe maybe not your issue , but a good video on eliminating connection issues ....