LED rear light ERROR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Need some help,

I started to convert some of my lights on my truck to LED and I'm having error messages in my messaging system.

I replaced the reverse lights and the license plate lite for now.

I used Sylvania LED's from my local auto parts store, I wanted to keep it cheep and try it before buying expensive lights.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You need bulbs with built in load resistors to trick the truck into thinking that you still have incandescent bulbs installed. They're commonly referred to as "Error free" or the misnomer "CAN bus".

OP
OP
2016 OutDoorsman
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks for the info. Yesterday my license plate error went away and has not come back since. But the backup light error is still on. I will order a set of error free bulbs online.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks, but I need 921's for my 16. I'm sure they make them in 921's as well.

They do. If you search 921 LED CANBUS bulbs there are quite a few good options. All error free. There's also a LED conversion thread on here ...I think it's in the DIY section or exterior that has a list of bulbs and reviews. [emoji106]