LED Reverse and Bed wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jkhcurry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can someone help me understand how to wire in 2 LED light pods to my reverse lights, and tap into the factory LED bed light harness so I can use that switch to turn on lights if I wanted without truck being in reverse.
I have a 5 pin relay with attached harness MAH-112-C-1 with the following diagram:
30=Black Positive
85=Red Ground
86=Yellow To Switch
87=Blue To Light/Accessory
87A=White

This is how I thought it would go:
30=Black 12V power from 7 pin trailer adapter.
85=Red Ground to frame. (Or should I use 7 pin trailer ground?)
86=Yellow Connects to positive wire for LED bed light harness
87=Blue Connects to both LED pods positive.
87A=White Connects to reverse light on 7 pin trailer adapter.
Connect both lights ground on frame.

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For reverse, I just tapped into the center wire on the trailer harness. So when I go into reverse the LED pods kick on.

I know you can tap into the hot wire on the cargo light. It is located under the sill on the driver's side in the rear of my crew cab. I believe it is white w/ a tan stripe? Or tan w/ a white stripe? I'm sure someone will confirm that.... anyway, you can use that as a trigger wire for the relay to turn those on with the cargo lamp button, or when you unlock your doors.

Mine is a 2014, so I do not have the factory LED bed light harness.

Last edited:

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
I wired two power lines. One to the reverse center pin for the trailer and one to the cab for my outside dome switch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk