Are lights dimming with subs an issue with these trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Contemplating ordering the fox box for regular cab or running a single 10 inch DD. I had a single dd in my challenger and it made the lights dim on some bass levels. Long story short, it bothered the crap out of me and I am wanting to know if any of y'all are experiencing this with the 1500s before pulling the trigger on anything?

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Contemplating ordering the fox box for regular cab or running a single 10 inch DD. I had a single dd in my challenger and it made the lights dim on some bass levels. Long story short, it bothered the crap out of me and I am wanting to know if any of y'all are experiencing this with the 1500s before pulling the trigger on anything?
I have 2 - 1200 watt 10's and my lights don't dim at all, You should be fine

Eestee70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Using a JL W7 12" my lights would dim on deep bass notes. So I added a supplemental battery to my set up and dimming is gone. I guess it's on a case by case bases.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running four amps on basically stock electrical. My sub amp isn't huge (Zapco Z-1KD @ 2 Ohms about 600 watts) but the total draw for all four is pretty substantial. The other three are high power class AB designs. I haven't seen any issues electronically at all.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I'm running four amps on basically stock electrical. My sub amp isn't huge (Zapco Z-1KD @ 2 Ohms about 600 watts) but the total draw for all four is pretty substantial. The other three are high power class AB designs. I haven't seen any issues electronically at all.

Pics or it didn't happen. Seriously, would love to see this for my next audio upgrades!

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
@seth_57, by all means I'm not trying to be an ******* but just curious, how in the hell do you have a 20,000$ truck at 16? and a license? Just curious my man that's all bud.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pics or it didn't happen. Seriously, would love to see this for my next audio upgrades!

Zapco running sub.
Sinfoni 120x4 bridged to midgranges.
Tru Technology 2x300 on midbass.
Tru Technology 4x100 on tweeters and rear fill.

Attachments

• IMG_1299.jpg
    IMG_1299.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 26

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Big 3 upgrade, if you dont know it google it. This will usually remove if not make it un noticeable under most conditions. Power Caps are a bandaide, its all about giving the amps the power from the battery and alternator without pulling from everything else.

Seth_5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@seth_57, by all means I'm not trying to be an ******* but just curious, how in the hell do you have a 20,000$ truck at 16? and a license? Just curious my man that's all bud.
Haha no offence taken man. I got my learners permit on my 15th birthday, then my restricted lisence on my 16th birthday, then i had to wait 6 months to get my full license.

And with the whole truck thing, i have 2 decent jobs so my grandparents made me a deal. They buy the truck for me in full, and then i pay them 400 a month for it. Soo yea

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Haha no offence taken man. I got my learners permit on my 15th birthday, then my restricted lisence on my 16th birthday, then i had to wait 6 months to get my full license.

And with the whole truck thing, i have 2 decent jobs so my grandparents made me a deal. They buy the truck for me in full, and then i pay them 400 a month for it. Soo yea

Good dude, I'm very glad to still see some hard working young men around these days, props to you bro:headbang:

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Thanks man i appreciate it [emoji1]

No problem man cause there's a lot of young punks on here that get a 40k+ truck handed to them and have no respect. Your in the group of the very few that I have much respect for:happy107:

TSGTBARCLAY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone mind posting pictures of their sub build outs. I’m looking at the Fox acoustic for my single cab R/T with two Skar 10’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk