LOC setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wcthattan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone try their LOC via the front speakers? If so any change from the rear speaker input? As is terms of volume.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I've read here that the bass is decreased via the factory head unit going to the rears so tapping into the front may give you optimum levels for the subs. I got a PAC device and am going to use the front rca's to input my mono amp

OP
OP
W

wcthattan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. Im going to try it via the fronts. Will update with results

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are wanting a for sub amp input, the fronts should work. If you need a fullrange signal, you'll need to tap the rear door speakers if you have the Alpine system.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I did mine in the front doors and it sounds good to me.

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yeah bump if anyone has any other thoughts? I figured out today that I need a loc to run my setup with my 3.0 system. Following wcrhattan advise, I bought the audiocontrol lc2i. I'm guessing I'll have to put a split on one of the RCA out channels to run my alpine 5channel amp due to it having three rca inputs, a pair for the front, a pair for the rears, and a pair for the subs.

Any thoughts? Buy another loc for one of the channels?

My poor head is killing me....I'm thinking two amps may have been easier, plus is this loc just going to ruin the sound quality of the alpine amp that suppose to be clearer than moonshine???:emotions133:

Update the one audiocontrol lc2i will be good. Amp has the option of using just one rca input for channel 1/2 and 3/4.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can easily split the RCA outs from the LCi to the inputs of your amp. Just buy some quality Ys. Make sure to pay attention to M/F, as there are many Ys out there. Then let your Alpine amp do the work (filtering, etc). The LCi wont hurt the quality. If anything, it should greatly improve the crappy OE signal. I wouldn't buy another LC2i

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
One other question. I think I'm going to have to run wires from both front speakers to the lc2i in order to get stereo sound, ie left and right sound. Sound input from both the Red/White connections on the RCA's. Does this sound correct?

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes -- you'll need to run speaker wire from both L & R sides for the input of your LOC.

Reactions: PX8

PX8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes -- you'll need to run speaker wire from both L & R sides for the input of your LOC.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks. All my parts are on the way!!! I had read some rough stuff about Techronics, of course after I order stuff from them, but it looks like they are coming though with the order.

The alpine 6x9 type R's look amazing in person!