Lockpick 8.4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

divemaster5734

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I picked up a Laramie trim Ecodiesel in November '14.
I love the ecodiesel drive train.
I road race motorcycles, and drag a 18' enclosed trailer around Washington State, from Seattle area to Portland PIR, out to Shelton for The Ridge, and Kent for Pacific Raceway. I can set cruise control at 70 and still get 19 MPG.
That said, the 8.4 was touted as the best of the best, I paid three times more for it than I did for the top JVC HD multimedia headunit that I had hooked up to two amps eight speakers and a powered sub in the FX4 I traded in to get the Ram, and have never felt so ripped off for any feature in any other new vehicle I have ever bought.
It was frustrating when I couldn't pick up my favorite HD station for six months because Ram hadn't sent out the first software update.
Even more irritating has been the useless search feature when traveling, as only businesses that advertise on Yelp are shown, which cuts your restaurant options down by an easy 60%.
Then when the promised two year Uconnect access free turned into one year before they wanted a ridiculous $20 a month for the features that were pretty useless except for the possible need to contact for a warranty breakdown, I refused to use good money to pay for bad service, and let both the connect and XM expire.
The 700 Watt powered sub thumps pretty well with Pandora, and I can still use voice navigation search and trip setting while moving, then I heard about Lockpick V2.
Anyone here tried it?

I've heard there are aftermarket head units that will have a similar output to the drivers console, but also heard that it isnt as effective as the uconnect.

Anyone have any experience with either?

Thanks in advance.
Brian