Lockpick? ODB Genie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi, new to this forum :) anyone do that new over the air update? well it made my lock CHR558 start locking up my Navigation system. Called Lockpick, they said upgrade to the Air Lockpick, they won't support my $450 investment in the CHR558 2 years ago!

Before I do, what are you guys using to play videos or update your nav while driving? or even search your ipod while driving? I love my lockpick, but they really upset me with this update and them not standing by their product and saying my only option is to spend another $450 to upgrade.

They said the new update conflicts with the lockpick acting like the parking brake is engaged and that's why the truck keeps stopping on the nav and I keep missing exits and where I am going :(

thank you guys! :)

OP
OP
RamGirl76

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went to the Customtronix website and all of their tools are not being supported on the new 17.xx software update, some of them don't even work on the 16.xx update. Has anyone else had problems with their lockpick after the upgrade? or what are you guys using? anyone out there :)

OP
OP
RamGirl76

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
CRUX Interfacing Solutions ::: UC-1

anyone know anything about this company? they seem to make a module for a lot of things, but they are all one- off? like how would you join them all together to do what the lockpick does? i don't think there is enough room behind the dash! lol

If anyone has installed a dvd player to play on their front screen let me know, i was hoping to do that was well with my lockpick one day but now that seems to not be an option anymore either- help! all my upgrades are getting crapped on by this darn upgrade from the over the air update!! agghhhhhhh

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ramgirl, keep your lockpick harness, you can use it to still access the AUX input on the 8.4" display the same way the device did. You will need to find all the wires that made the lockpick show the ipod video if you used that and they can be converted to the DVD player or whatever you want and it should work the same. It won't be easy, but right now that is all i have found is going direct, even with ODB Genie rear VES, they say.. wire up your harness and plug this in. From my reading, the new OTA update recognizes the hack/connection lockpick and others did to simulate the parking brake being on, so you can program the nav and watch movies while driving and that is what is conflicting with your nav. The icon keeps stopping and locking up as the head unit is getting mixed signals from the lockpick and the truck saying...I am moving, but the lock pick says you're not, but then if you're not, we will stop here on the nav, but then the truck says I am moving again! and from what I am told, that is what is causing the jumping around and locking up of the nav icon. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
RamGirl76

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
what is up with this forum? did i join the wrong one? is ramforumz.com any better?
234 people read my need for help and 1 replied? what the heck did everyone else read it for?

DocHoliday

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol, bless you kid- you have no idea --- this is a forum of some real clicky people. A few know it alls and you gotta be part of the in crowd. Good luck!

Ramgirl, here is who you are in the group with :

http://www.ramforum.com/f51/uconnect_8_4_8_4an_update_-_17_11_07_a-100887/

50K reads!! over 400 posts just to tell each other, did you get that update, no i didn't, did you, no did you, no my brother did, wait my mom did- hey did you get that update? wait, it messed up my camera.
hey, anyone know when that update is coming to my exact town in BFE South Dakota? no wait, i need to know the exact minute its coming to my apt complete on 3rd Avenue in downtown new Orleans. lmao
how in the **** did they get to 53K reads with only 400 posts? are there even that many people on this forum? so i totally get why you get pissy when no on responds to your question, when we both know there are some smart people on this forum, but are there 50K people? where the hell are they?

Last edited:

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
OMG. that is some funny ****! like bunch of hens cackling and squawking. Unreal.

no worries, I have 3 sisters, so being catty and ****** and pissy I can deal with, I won't get my panties in a ***, I am not even wearing any! I sure did want some help as my old man won't agree with me on what we need to do, he saw this 12" tablet installed at SEMA or somewhere and wants that.

Nice pic lol, is that 1/4 keg full?

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
its a pony keg ! and its empty- lol

O ok, thought they were the same as a 1/4 but anyway don't get discouraged when nobody replies, I've posted and never got any replies but hundreds of ppl read my issue, that's ok let the clicks stay together an be high school little *******.

The best part is when one of the click ppl have the same issues, they all jump in. I guess we're not worthy of there experience.

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@ op.
A lot of times people are just curious about your issue and see it in their recent posts feed. They may not have anything to add, don't have the same setup (ie LockPick) , or aren't familiar enough to comment.

As far as Doc goes, well he's just a piece of work. Shows up every now and then bragging about what he already did to his truck after someone else posts the info so everyone else can do it. Insults the person who posted the info for other forum members and says he has other mods figured out on his truck, oh, but you need to pm him for details. Then comes back to the thread and basically asks the same person for help. Yeah, that will happen.

Doc is likely a wealth of useful info. Unfortunately he never actually posted a single thread to help anyone else and will throw a fit if he doesn't get a response in a timely manner. Just go look at his profile and replies, if he doesn't edit them out later...ie here "issue closed".

All the folks that he feels are in a click have regularly contributed/posted/shared a significant amount of info for the benefit of others here. I will almost always help if I can and have the time to actually post (except for 2 people). Some folks are just too busy with real life to respond right away.

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Last edited:
OP
OP
RamGirl76

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you Grimm, that does make more sense... I was beginning to think there was some undercover underground time everyone logged in and chatted, shared info and then got off real quick. I was contemplating doing an analysis of login times, but then i was like damn it- there are diff time zones, but what time zone is the site under, and does the post reflect my time or your time - agghhhhh

As for Doc, I can totally see it- but when it comes down to it, I bet his spouse has no interest in what he does to the truck and he wants someone to get excited, I have this same issue but in reverse- my old man is like whatever, I can drive a beater..... well not me! My two boys are already creating mods and doing stuff and I think I will be the one teaching them about auto repair at this point. Dad is a freaking Michelin Star chef, but damn he won't turn a wrench! Anyways, TMI I am sure. thank you for the reply... I found you guys on that other post, so hopefully I can get some info on the lock out -in motion stuff and then I can decide Lockpick air or just a video adapter and be done with it.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I personally am still using the Customtronix RAx Jailbreak Silver with the 16.x fw for my 14Ra4 radio (front/bu cams) until they get it working with the 17.x & 18.x updates. My guess is all the companies have to find a new way around the new sw release.

@CustomTronix are the only ones I know of who have mostly gotten the SRT app pages to work with the Ram. I have tried a beta version of their 16.x SW that had the SRT pages working fairly well (charger version). The raw numbers/values were correct (ie English/USA) but the units were listed as km/h. There have been a very few people try to get the SRT pages working by others means with similar results as yours = ie not good.

PS: Y'all are very similar in your posts and are asking about doing the same things with the AE tool and via WiC, ie remote/pushbutton start, passive entry, SRT app, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RamGirl76

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am leary of software like that, I prefer hardware. At least they did post they are not supporting stuff over the version you have. Do they write directly to the BCM?

Y'all? you mean Doc? He did some crazy Passive entry thing right? said he paid like thousands of dollars? that is not for me. I just want my truck to have remote start so i can start it in the winter so it warms up quicker. That's the problem up here, it gets cold, everything is cold, same thing about that dang fan clutch I posted i want to replace. The truck is a dog till it get warmed up, so I read someone put another electric fan in there and the howl and sluggishness went away. I already tried the SRT app just for kicks as that damn AE tool didnt do crap for me, I was determined to get some value out of it. Maybe I will loan it out.......did Doc actually buy one? I tried to follow all his posts and I think he recently deleted them or did that "issue closed" stuff you said.

you think he might know more about this? like PM him? or you think maybe Ricks Ram or Cuylertech might show up with some information?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
you think he might know more about this? like PM him? or you think maybe Ricks Ram or Cuylertech might show up with some information?
CT? I'm surprised you're even know about him since you've only been a member here for 6 days.

He sold his truck and hasn't been active here for a few months after his last round of shenanigans with items he was selling.

Last edited: