Lockpick? ODB Genie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RamGirl76

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
lol, you thought i was gonna really post me? oh my - sorry dude, its gonna take more than some tech support to get me looking like that :)

Glockman19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, new to this forum :) anyone do that new over the air update? well it made my lock CHR558 start locking up my Navigation system. Called Lockpick, they said upgrade to the Air Lockpick, they won't support my $450 investment in the CHR558 2 years ago!

Before I do, what are you guys using to play videos or update your nav while driving? or even search your ipod while driving? I love my lockpick, but they really upset me with this update and them not standing by their product and saying my only option is to spend another $450 to upgrade.

They said the new update conflicts with the lockpick acting like the parking brake is engaged and that's why the truck keeps stopping on the nav and I keep missing exits and where I am going :(

thank you guys! :)

I have the Lockpick Air V2 and it has worked perfectly until the over the air update. I noticed that the nav wouldn't track the map anymore and after a couple of visits to the dealer with no help (they wanted to replace the radio) I found that it was the Lockpick that was stopping the map tracking. A couple of calls to Coastaletech tech support later I find that to make it track the maps, I now have to get into the Lockpick menu and disable Nav Override for it to work. Re-enable to allow entering locations while on the move and then disabling to get it track the maps. They cannot make it work like it did before because of what Uconnect did during the last update.

OP
OP
RamGirl76

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Holy cow Glockman19! i just spoke with them this last week. That is exactly what my CHR558 was doing I removed! they claimed there wasn't enough memory in that unit for a patch but that the air V2 worked fine without issues. Is there a software update you can install? how long ago did you talk to them? I was literally going to buy that unit this week instead of the Naviks kit(s). I am going to call them again, but please reply back so I can try and see if they are not being honest or if they just fixed it. They said they fixed it 2 months ago.

Glockman19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Holy cow Glockman19! i just spoke with them this last week. That is exactly what my CHR558 was doing I removed! they claimed there wasn't enough memory in that unit for a patch but that the air V2 worked fine without issues. Is there a software update you can install? how long ago did you talk to them? I was literally going to buy that unit this week instead of the Naviks kit(s). I am going to call them again, but please reply back so I can try and see if they are not being honest or if they just fixed it. They said they fixed it 2 months ago.

I spoke with their tech Carlos last Thursday, he had told me previously to download the latest USB update on the site. It was a month old, I had done that and when it didn't work I called back and he told me that with the changes made for the newest Uconnect over the air update, it wouldn't work like it used to anymore. He told me the workaround to use. It works now at least. I had taken a couple of trips out of town a few months ago and i couldn't get it work. I hated what they had done to it and I blamed the software update (well it really is the problem) but at least now I can get the system to work.

OP
OP
RamGirl76

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glock, thats sucks! I left a message with support today and will see if they call back.

I was in my AE tool last night, there is a setting for Parking Brake Disable ? or maybe it was engage, crap I cannot remember now and I am at work. Does anyone with an AE tool know if you can turn the parking brake on in the BCM and make the truck think it's on? but it really isn't? that would solve this in-motion issue?

Glockman19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was in my AE tool last night, there is a setting for Parking Brake Disable ? or maybe it was engage, crap I cannot remember now and I am at work. Does anyone with an AE tool know if you can turn the parking brake on in the BCM and make the truck think it's on? but it really isn't? that would solve this in-motion issue?

That would be great if that would work. I miss being able to just get in and drive it and all the stuff works like it used to. If it does then I'll have to one of those AE tools.

OP
OP
RamGirl76

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, I am hoping someone with the tool knows... I loaned mine to another person in our Ram club up here.... maybe one of the AE guys will respond. I plugged it in to show them how it works and that made me look for the e-brake and now I can't remember what it said! I get it back next week if no one responds.

hunterco

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is exactly the reason I wait a while before doing any software updates. In my opinion, the electronics package is the worst part about the truck. Having said that, I am interested in Lockpick and how well it works and what the problems are. If they are not standing behind their product most likely I will replace the head unit. Ramgirl76, for what its worth, I do appreciate your post. I'm sorry I don't have anything worthwhile to add to your issue.

OP
OP
RamGirl76

RamGirl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glockman are you still using that work around or did Carlos get you squared away? I was going to call him tomorrow before i bought one and fire him up if his crap still doesn't work, as he said it does. Maybe there was another update?